ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pre-settled status delays

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maav
Newly Registered
Romania

pre-settled status delays

Post by maav » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:48 am

Hi All,

I am here on working visa which will be expired in November.
I applied to get pre-sttled status on 01/04 and still haven't received an answer. My wife and daughter received it very quickly in February. I enrolled my biometric at post office on June.
I called the HO 2 days ago and been told that there is no processing time estimation and can be long time.
The delays probably happened because I used my BRP as identification.

I called to lawyer and got advice to threat with Judicial Review which I don't really want to do. On the other hand, I don;t want to be in a position when my visa expired and I can't leave the country.
I thought maybe withdraw my application and re submit it with passport as identification.

Anyone with similar story that received a decision?

TIA

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: pre-settled status delays

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:05 am

I read somewhere on Gov.uk that the withdrawal of an application can take up to 70 days. Confirm that please before going ahead with that.

maav
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: pre-settled status delays

Post by maav » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:09 am

That what they said to me. The lawyer said it's not in the EU appendix and it can be challenge in court.
After long discussion with HO, they match the identification document number. in my case, they will be different so I am still consider this option and take my chances....
The "loophole" as described by HO might take more time...