ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form FLR (M) or FLR (FP)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rah888
Newly Registered
Albania

Form FLR (M) or FLR (FP)

Post by Rah888 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:16 am

Hello. New here so hope the post is ok. I am in the Uk on a spouse 2.5 year visa which expires at the end of August. I have one child born in the last 2 years. I was going to complete form ILR (M) but my husband doesn’t earn quite enough money to meet the financial requirements. Can we still apply using ILR (M)? I don’t claim any benefits and don’t work. My husband claims housing benefit and gets child benefit too. Can this be counted towards the financial requirements? Or do we need to complete the ILR (FP) form instead. Very confused! Don’t have a solicitor due to costs. Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Form ILR (M) or ILR (FP)

Post by aman90 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:46 am

What is ur immigration history?
Have you completed 60 months in the UK since arrival on a spouse visa?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:50 am

If you cannot apply under the 5 year partner route or FLR(M) because you don't have the min income requirements then you must apply under FLR(FP) which is the 10 year partner route. This means it will take in total 10 years to get ILR unless you switch back to FLR(M) and complete the 5 years under FLR(M) again.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Form FLR (M) or FLR (FP)

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Zimba,

10 year partner route turn the clock Zero. For example if someone on 8 years legal stay and grant further leave of 2.5 year under this route so he or she will not eligible for ILR (LR) ??? After compeleting 10 years legal stay

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:01 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:50 am
Hi Zimba,

10 year partner route turn the clock Zero. For example if someone on 8 years legal stay and grant further leave of 2.5 year under this route so he or she will not eligible for ILR (LR) ??? After compeleting 10 years legal stay
It sets the clock to zero under SET(M). SET(LR) can be applied when you have 10 lawful years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Thats the my concern Zimba. If someone on 9 years lawfull stay on different visa categaries and then applied for FLR(M) so the clock turn Zero and the person compelet 5 years more ( in total 14 years lawful stay) for become eligible ILR. Its very strange

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:08 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Thats the my concern Zimba. If someone on 9 years lawfull stay on different visa categaries and then applied for FLR(M) so the clock turn Zero and the person compelet 5 years more ( in total 14 years lawful stay) for become eligible ILR. Its very strange
Incorrect. You can apply under SET(LR) when you have a total of 10 years under ANY visa. The clock under SET(M) is different that SET(LR)

Rah888
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Rah888 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 am

aman90 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:46 am
What is ur immigration history?
Have you completed 60 months in the UK since arrival on a spouse visa?
I have been here for 4 yrs 8 months. I currently have a spouse/partner residence permit that was for 2.5 years and is due to expire soon. I’m not sure which form to complete.

Also, do I need to prove husbands income for the last 6 months? Or can I provide proof of what I will earn in the next year?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:35 am

??
Zimba wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:50 am
If you cannot apply under the 5 year partner route or FLR(M) because you don't have the min income requirements then you must apply under FLR(FP) which is the 10 year partner route. This means it will take in total 10 years to get ILR unless you switch back to FLR(M) and complete the 5 years under FLR(M) again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 am

Rah888 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 am

I currently have a spouse/partner residence permit that was for 2.5 years and is due to expire soon. I’m not sure which form to complete.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.