ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which to apply during Brexit? EEA or tourist visa?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RoselovesRomania
Newly Registered

Which to apply during Brexit? EEA or tourist visa?

Post by RoselovesRomania » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:58 am

Hi,

I am a family member of EU citizen. I plan to travel to the UK in November together with my husband. We will stay for a week to visit family and friends.

Normally EEA Family Permit is the one to apply for, but with the current Brexit situation, I am concerned if the process is affected.

Has anyone recently applied for EEA Family Permit for short visit in the UK? How long does it take?

If it takes months or has a chance to get rejected, will it be safer to apply for a tourist visa?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Which to apply during Brexit? EEA or tourist visa?

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:25 pm

RoselovesRomania wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:58 am
Hi,

I am a family member of EU citizen. I plan to travel to the UK in November together with my husband. We will stay for a week to visit family and friends.

Normally EEA Family Permit is the one to apply for, but with the current Brexit situation, I am concerned if the process is affected.

Has anyone recently applied for EEA Family Permit for short visit in the UK? How long does it take?

If it takes months or has a chance to get rejected, will it be safer to apply for a tourist visa?
Hello

Ignore the Brexit. It didn't happen yet and even after October 31st, deal or not deal, EEA routes will be valid and open for a while.

You can see here your eligibility for EEA family permit:

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eea-family-permit

The application is done online and seems simpler than the tourist visa.