ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR QUERY - TO PLAN FOR FUTURE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR QUERY - TO PLAN FOR FUTURE

Post by epani » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Dear members,
The forum was very helpful in securing my tier 2 General visa. As I am going through so many posts of trivial things which went wrong later down when they apply ILR. So just want to seal all gaps in immigration route.

I was issued Tier 2 Visa : 08-AUG-2019
Landed UK(Confirmed): 14-Aug-2019
Dependents (Spouse and kids) on Tier 2 ICT till : 04-JAN-2020

Plan to apply for spouse and kids after 04-JAN-2019 after current visa expiry from home country as TIER 2 GENERAL dependents

Assume I extend again in Jul 2022 with another 3 years in TIER2 for myself and dependents

Questions

1. What is the earliest date i can apply for ILR. what type?

2. Considering my dependents would be 4 months short for 5 years when I apply for ILR somewhere in Aug 2024. Can i apply ILR first and apply for dependents 5 months later once they complete 5 years (Assuming they have valid dependent visa till Aug 2025.)

3. Should they apply to extend their PBS dependents visa again if I apply for ILR alone when i compete 5 years.

4. Should I apply for ILR together with Family once all complete 5 years.

5. For naturalisation and british passport will dependents still be tagged to main applicant. I mean If I dont apply for naturalisation , can my kids and spouse apply independently after they recive ILR while I dont apply. is this possible?

6. Considering the above scenario what is the best thing you would advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR QUERY - TO PLAN FOR FUTURE

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Assuming the rules don't change and it will be your responsibility to keep upated.
Plan to apply for spouse and kids after 04-JAN-2019 after current visa expiry from home country as TIER 2 GENERAL dependents
They can apply to switch within the UK. No need to apply from home country.
1. What is the earliest date i can apply for ILR. what type?
As the rules currently are, no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date your initial visa was issued. Not sure what you mean by 'what type'!!
2. Considering my dependents would be 4 months short for 5 years when I apply for ILR somewhere in Aug 2024. Can i apply ILR first and apply for dependents 5 months later once they complete 5 years (Assuming they have valid dependent visa till Aug 2025.)
Yes if they have a valid visa to cover this period.
3. Should they apply to extend their PBS dependents visa again if I apply for ILR alone when i compete 5 years.
No, not if they have a valid visa at that time.
4. Should I apply for ILR together with Family once all complete 5 years.

Your choice. Makes no difference if you apply together or separately.
5. For naturalisation and british passport will dependents still be tagged to main applicant. I mean If I dont apply for naturalisation , can my kids and spouse apply independently after they recive ILR while I dont apply. is this possible?

There is a separate sub forum specifically for British citizenship questions as these questions are NOT relevant to the ILR sub forum. Once your dependents have ILR, they are no longer dependent on you for immigration purposes. They can apply for citizenship once they meet the requirements, i.e. children can only apply when either parent is applying and the other parent holds ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.