ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for advise for Dependent Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aravindrajagopal
Newly Registered
India

Looking for advise for Dependent Visa

Post by aravindrajagopal » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi everyone. I am looking for some advise with regards to extending my wife's visa.

I am currently on a Tier 2 visa and my wife is on a dependant visa tied into this. I will be applying for ILR some time after January 2020. My wife's current visa will expire in June 2020 and will need to renew her Visa at that time.

I am trying to plan in advance with regards to the type of visa required and also any other requirements like maintenance; but I am having trouble finding the most approproate guidance section on the UK gov website.

I will be grateful for any information or links towards the dependant visa application process.

Kind Regards

Aravind

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Looking for advise for Dependent Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Are you applying for ilr based on tier 2 or based on 10 years long residence??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aravindrajagopal
Newly Registered
India

Post by aravindrajagopal » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi there.

I am planning to apply based on 10 years residence. I also have the option for applying based on the 5 year work permit route but prefer the former at this time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:06 pm

If you apply for ilr based on 10 years, your dependent(s) have to switch to FLR M and meet the English and financial requirements.

Their clock towards ilr based on 5 years residence will also reset to zero (it will be 2 X 2.5 years visas on FLR m) before ilr based on 5 years can be applied.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aravindrajagopal
Newly Registered
India

Post by aravindrajagopal » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi Char/CR001

Brilliant! That solves most of my query; I have been reading the section for FLR M and from what I understand, there is no need to show maintenance of funds for "x" number of months like you would have to with a Tier 2 PBS dependant application; as long as we demonstrate the following:

1. English requirements: My wife did her Masters programme in the U.K; which hopefully should suffice, but I will confirm this.

2. Financial Requirements: provide proff that we have a combined income of at least £18,600 a year, provided that we have no children at the tome of application.

Have I summarised that correctly or have I missed anything?

Thank you Char for pointing me in the right direction. I know it is still months away, but a little preparation now goes a long way. Appreciate the help. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Correct yes to both your questions.

Note that you must prove income level for a minimum of 6 months if a PAYE employee. Self employed is more complicated. Appendix 1.7 below is important to read.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf

The link below gives the old paper form and guidance notes if you want to have a read.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aravindrajagopal
Newly Registered
India

Post by aravindrajagopal » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Excellent!! Yes, I will have a read through the materials some time this weekend. Atleast the process appears to be less daunting than what I expected it to be.

Once again, Thank you for your help. I might come back again if something else baffles me!! :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:04 pm

You're welcome. Feel free to continue in this topic with any further questions you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)