ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income Calculation for Tier 1 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yinski
Newly Registered

Income Calculation for Tier 1 Visa

Post by yinski » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:46 am

Hi Guys,
Newbie here and would love some guidance from anyone who is willing to help. I'm planning on applying for the Tier 1 visa in October and have a question about the income calculation. I am currently working full time at an accounting firm but am just shy from the £26000/£26500 requirement. I am looking for another job to supplement my income so I meet the 75 points. Can i include my second job as part of the income calculation? I dont see why not but i just want to make sure.
Plus, i'm earning quite a bit of interest from the bank, can the interest earnt be calculated as income as well??
I've asked a visa consultant but i still have not heard back.

As i am earning the aussie dollar and the income needs to be quoted in pounds, does immigration use the current exchange rate to convert? The aussie dollar's quite strong at the moment which bumps up my income. Sorry for the stupid question, this is my first time applying for work overseas and i'm a bit nervous.

Thanks for any help provided.

Cheers :D

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:07 am

Study Policy guide carefully.

junior

Post by junior » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:13 pm

check this link to find answers to your queries. Read thru the earnings attribute for Tier1.

yinski
Newly Registered

Post by yinski » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:51 pm

thank you sooooo much junior and rajesh9pl!! i got all the answers i was looking for in that guide. i just redid my calculations and it appears as if i have made the income hurdle. based on my calculations i will be applying for the visa earlier than i had initially planned. plus, shouldnt need that second job now! yay!!

thank you guys :D