ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR today, super priority service at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobcj294
Newly Registered
India

Got ILR today, super priority service at Croydon

Post by bobcj294 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 am

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share my experience, hoping that it may help someone.
My wife and I applied for ILR today at Croydon using the super priority service. We received the approval email about 3 hours after our appointment!

My Tier 2 Visa would have expired only in September 2020 but I qualified for ILR in 2019 since I started on the Tier 2 route in 2014. I worked with one company for 3 years and then switched to another one and got another 3 year Tier 2 visa.

We applied online exactly 28 days (on the 31st of July) before the date when 5 years would elapse since I first got the tier 2 visa. I'm not sure if the application shouldn't be made before 28 days but I waited till it was 28 days prior to the eligibility date to avoid any issues. In any case, our appointment was booked for 14th August and I would have completed 5 years on the 28th of August.

I was a bit worried about the bank statements as my employer credited the wrong amount salary for the month of July (about £13 lesser) but corrected this by crediting the £13 a few days after the pay-day. Seems like this wasn't an issue. Also, my salary was increased from 30k to 36k last August (2018).

We have a 2yr old too who was born in the UK. We didn't apply for ILR for him as we are going to apply directly for Naturalisation, which costs a whole lot lesser!

These are the documents we submitted (uploaded):
  • Bank statements for 3 months, showing 3 salary credits
  • 3 months' payslips
  • Consent forms, signed
  • Original passports for myself and my wife (including old/ expired passports)
  • Original BRP cards
  • Certificate of Sponsorship from employer
  • Letter from employer confirming SOC code, period of employment and appropriate salary
  • Life in the UK pass certificates for both of us
  • Marriage certificate (to show cohabitation)
  • MBA certificates from UK university (for English language requirement)

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Got ILR today, super priority service at Croydon

Post by bizman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:46 am

Congrats enjoy your freedom
Bizman

saliame
Pakistan

Re: Got ILR today, super priority service at Croydon

Post by saliame » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 am