ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eszterb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Biometric residence

Post by eszterb » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 pm

I need advice regarding my biometric information as I am not sure if the HO has it or not.

I have been living in the UK since 2004 and first applied for citizenship as an EU national in February 2018. Unfortunately, my application has been rejected as I sent a registration certificate and not a permanent residency card. When I applied I also went to the post office to give my biometric information (fingerprint). I sent the document which confirms that I have provided biometrics to the Home office with my first application. When I received my rejection letter and the documents I submitted this confirmation document was not included.

I then applied for the permanent residency status and indicated that I don't need to give biometric information since I have already done it. I went to the UKVCAS centre in June to get my document scanned and my biometrics were not taken. I since received my permanent residency card and ready to apply for citizenship again for the second time. Having been rejected once I want to make sure that I have everything in order.

1. When do you have to give your biometrics?
2. Is there a way to check if the Home Office has my biometric information?
3. If there isn't a way to check it, will they reject my application if they don't have my biometric information?
4. Is there a way to get my application checked by someone before I send it off?

Thanks
E

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric residence

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:25 pm

1. When you attend the UKCVAS appointment after submitting your citizenship application form online.

2. Irrelevant. You have to submit biometrics again.

3. You need to enrol your biometrics when you apply for citizenship.

4. No, only possible if you pay an immigration lawyer or advisor. Or you can ask for free on the forum. Note you don't 'send it off'. You apply online, then the same process with UKCVAS as you did for PR re documents etc and you enrol your biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

World Traveller
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by World Traveller » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Once you submit your online application you will receive a confirmation message via email and then will be able to book an appointment during which they will scan your documents and collect biometric information.

eszterb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Post by eszterb » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Thank you both, your answers were really helpful :)

eszterb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Absences, addresses and Life in the UK test

Post by eszterb » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 pm

I am filling out the application form for citizenship and I have a few questions:

1. Addresses: I lived in a few places over the past five years but I don't remember the exact dates of moving houses. Also there are some overlaps where I rented a place for an extra week whilst moving to a different home. Will this be an issue?

2. Absences: I travel quite often and I am worried about missing out a few trips. They are short trips so I am well within the 450 days. If I miss a trip will this be an issue?

3. I often flew to Austria or Slovakia when I went home to Hungary because the airport was closer. When I put down where I travelled to do I put down where I arrived or where I stayed?

4. I also completed a Life in the UK test last year but I misplaced the certificate. If I write a letter detailing where & when I passed the test and enclose the booking confirmation will that be ok?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absences, addresses and Life in the UK test

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 pm

1. Addresses: I lived in a few places over the past five years but I don't remember the exact dates of moving houses. Also there are some overlaps where I rented a place for an extra week whilst moving to a different home. Will this be an issue?
No
2. Absences: I travel quite often and I am worried about missing out a few trips. They are short trips so I am well within the 450 days. If I miss a trip will this be an issue?
No
3. I often flew to Austria or Slovakia when I went home to Hungary because the airport was closer. When I put down where I travelled to do I put down where I arrived or where I stayed?
Does not matter
4. I also completed a Life in the UK test last year but I misplaced the certificate. If I write a letter detailing where & when I passed the test and enclose the booking confirmation will that be ok?
Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice