ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Jobs for HSMP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

2 Jobs for HSMP

Post by krssubbu » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:08 am

Hi,

I have my visa extension in Jan 2008. I read on the guidance HSMP team considers earning from multiple jobs (part time and full time)

I have another part time job apart from my first regualar full time job. I joined 2 weeks ago. I am working only 8 hours there. I know there is a BR code if you have a second job. But for some reason or the other ther is no BR code on this job and the tax code remains the same as my first job on the payslip(though i had given in my NI number for both jobs). I had informed my employer of my second job saying its my part time job and i already have another job

So my question,

1. will the HSMP team consider the second job (not related to my profession)

2. will the earnings from the second job be considered along with my first job earning - NO BR code. same tax code as my first job)

Please help me in this issue

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 am

First you need to speak to HMRC and arrange to pay the tax back that you've underpaid. It's your responsibility to ensure you are paying the correct tax and ignorance of the rules is no excuse so it needs to be sorted.

So I think;

1. Yes

2. Yes but two sets of payslips both with the tax allowance looks dodgy unless u can show you've seen the error and rectified it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

republique
BANNED

Re: 2 Jobs for HSMP

Post by republique » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:52 am

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

I have my visa extension in Jan 2008. I read on the guidance HSMP team considers earning from multiple jobs (part time and full time)

I have another part time job apart from my first regualar full time job. I joined 2 weeks ago. I am working only 8 hours there. I know there is a BR code if you have a second job. But for some reason or the other ther is no BR code on this job and the tax code remains the same as my first job on the payslip(though i had given in my NI number for both jobs). I had informed my employer of my second job saying its my part time job and i already have another job

So my question,

1. will the HSMP team consider the second job (not related to my profession)

2. will the earnings from the second job be considered along with my first job earning - NO BR code. same tax code as my first job)

Please help me in this issue

Thanks
First as your salary is based on gross for visa purposes, it doesnt matter what your tax code is.
Second, call HMRC for advice.
They might just tell youto mail in your p60's for them to sort out your tax correction at the end of the tax year.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:11 am

Thanks "wanderer" and "republic".

I called the HMRC but they said they still have not received any details about my second job. So i guess its still in the process of updating their records.

say if the problem is sorted out by next month and they start charging BR code from next month, can i still use the payslips i received for this month (normal tax charged on this month payslip) for my HSMP

Thanks