ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which EU Country easiest to immigrate with non-EEA spouse?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Carebear
Newly Registered

Which EU Country easiest to immigrate with non-EEA spouse?

Post by Carebear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Which EU country is the easiest to immigrate to/settle in for a Hungarian national with a non-EEA spouse?

Anyone with personal experience of the hassles (or preferably the least amount of hassle) to get a job, rent apartment and get residence permit/citizenship in a particular country for a non EEA spouse?

Countries of interest are: Germany (Berlin), Italy (in the north or Rome) Austria, Switzerland (though I know that's a long shot) or any country where it is easy to get residency for EU citizen with non-EU spouse.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Which EU Country easiest to immigrate with non-EEA spous

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:50 pm

Carebear wrote:Which EU country is the easiest to immigrate to/settle in for a Hungarian national with a non-EEA spouse?

Anyone with personal experience of the hassles (or preferably the least amount of hassle) to get a job, rent apartment and get residence permit/citizenship in a particular country for a non EEA spouse?

Countries of interest are: Germany (Berlin), Italy (in the north or Rome) Austria, Switzerland (though I know that's a long shot) or any country where it is easy to get residency for EU citizen with non-EU spouse.

Thanks
Bochanot! (only Hungarian word I know and I forgot what it means!)

I think it's fairly easy anywhere bearing in mind the rules for A8 citizens if they still apply. I thinking WRS for UK or whatever else other nations have in place.

Ireland probably hard, they seem to have their own very Catholic rules, Germany might be easy esp if u have German descent, they even had Hungarian trains in Berliner Hauptbahnhof when I was there! Not much work in Berlin tho, for me anyway as an IT bloke, seems Berlin isn't the 'real' capital despite the millions spent on it, all the jobs are in Dusseldorf/Frankfurt and Munchen for IT types.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:14 pm

Wanderer wrote:Ireland probably hard, they seem to have their own very Catholic rules..
lol :D

Carebear
Newly Registered

Bochanot!

Post by Carebear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:26 pm

Thanks Wanderer. Bochanot = bocsanat = sorry/pardon me

:D

cantaro

Post by cantaro » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:16 am

Carebear wrote:Which EU country is the easiest to immigrate to/settle in for a Hungarian national with a non-EEA spouse?
Since Hungary is now a EU country, any other EU country should be fairly easy to immigrate to.
Carebear wrote:Anyone with personal experience of the hassles (or preferably the least amount of hassle) to get a job, rent apartment and get residence permit/citizenship in a particular country for a non EEA spouse?
I am German, my wife is Argentinian. Personal experience: she joined me in Germany in 2006, residence permit was granted quickly, but she never found a job as she lacked both good German and qualifications. In 2007 we moved to Ireland, where it took 5 months to get the residence permit but after that she found a job immediately.
Wanderer wrote:Ireland probably hard, they seem to have their own very Catholic rules
They are quite cocky if the spouse did not reside in another EU country before coming to Ireland. See the Ireland forum on this website for more info.