ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REGARDING ENTRY TO ISLE OF MAN

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shIne
Newly Registered

REGARDING ENTRY TO ISLE OF MAN

Post by shIne » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi All,
I am an indian citizen married to a french and i have entered UK with family permit and i have appled for a EEA2 residence card 4 months back.
I have recevied the certificate of application form home office and my visa is getting expired on 17th of july 2008 , now my query is can i travel to isle of man wihout my passport and with the certificate of application.Could they refuse my entry as i dont have the passport or is it advisable to go along with my wife and with the marriage certificates and the copy of familypermit.

i have been offered an interview there and i need to clear up these thongs before i go there.
thank you in advance for your help.
shine

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 pm

The Isle of Man is not in the UK or EU, so it has different rules in many respects. See the UK Visas website.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapte ... er1annex6/

You may want to get in touch with the Isle of Man immigration department. I have no practical advice to give you.

[url=ttp://www.gov.im/cso/immigration/?menuid=7672]Isle of Man gov't site about Immigration Rules[/url]

Also see this document IoM Immigration Rules update, particularly the part about "Requirement for persons arriving in the Isle of Man to produce
evidence of identity and nationality" and "EEA nationals and their families"

You could try posting this in the Europe forum if you do not get many responses in the UK section.
PP