ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) document checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

SET(LR) document checklist

Post by Anon8525 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:31 pm

My wife is planning to apply for her ILR under the 10 year route. We have the following docs

- current and all previous passports
- current BRP
- declaration forms
- LIUK certificate
- UK degree certificate
- word doc explaining all absences over the past 10 years
- Spouse's UK passport
- our marriage certificate
- letters addressed to us (individually) in the past 3 months at the same address (proof of living together)

are these sufficient?

One further question, she finished her contract job in early August and is due to start another contract in September. Since she will be unemployed by the time we apply we had to write 'unemployed' as her employment status. Will this affect ILR in anyway (she's on a spouse visa at the moment)?

Thanks!

dan883

Re: SET(LR) document checklist

Post by dan883 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Anon8525 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:31 pm

- Spouse's UK passport
- letters addressed to us (individually) in the past 3 months at the same address (proof of living together)
Don't think these documents are required at all.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:43 pm

Anon8525 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:31 pm
My wife is planning to apply for her ILR under the 10 year route. We have the following docs

- current and all previous passports
- current BRP
- declaration forms
- LIUK certificate
- UK degree certificate
- Spouse's UK passport

are these sufficient?

One further question, she finished her contract job in early August and is due to start another contract in September. Since she will be unemployed by the time we apply we had to write 'unemployed' as her employment status. Will this affect ILR in anyway (she's on a spouse visa at the moment)?

Thanks!
For Set(LR) you mainly only need;
1) Completed form
2) Your BRB
3) Your Current and previous passports
4) Language evidence/UK Degree
5) LIUK Certificate

Absences over last 10 years will get mentioned within the form when you will fill in. Word or Excel Sheet is not necessary. Seniors can shed some more light,please.
__A

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 am

Before you complete and pay for the application, make sure she is eligible to apply under Set (LR).

Archer is right. You don't need to explain reasons for the absences. Form asks for that and a box is there to explain the reason. So a simple explanation is sufficient with in the form e.g. Family visit or holidays etc.

The checklist in the form asks for cohabitation document spread evenly over the past TWO years and NOT past three months. However, as per other senior members, these are not required. I, on the other hand attached these just for the peace of my heart and mind. I also attached my spouse passport and BRP and children birth certificate etc in short whatever checklist asked me I provided.

With regards to her employment, If she will be unemployed on the date of application, you should put unemployed. If she will be employed, put employed and explain in the cover letter that her last day at work is XX-YY-ZZZZ and she is soon starting a new job with a new employer on XX-YY-ZZZ.

I am sure you are aware of the following but make sure the following:

She should not apply with in 28 days of her being eligible. Remember she must be eligible on the date of application and NOT on the date of her bio-metrics appointment.

No gaps between visas (I think up-to 28 days gap is ignored by the home office)

Many members are confused from what date to count 10 years. Its always from the first entry in the UK and NOT from the VISA validity date.

No single overseas trip for more than 180 days.

In total over 10 years, less than 540 days absence,

Correct English language test (B1) or a UK degree or an international degree taught in english with Naric Red Route certification/equivalence.

Scan every page in the passport for all the passports.

Hope the above is helpful and if I have missed anything, if senior members can kindly add to that.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:40 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 am
Before you complete and pay for the application, make sure she is eligible to apply under Set (LR).

Archer is right. You don't need to explain reasons for the absences. Form asks for that and a box is there to explain the reason. So a simple explanation is sufficient with in the form e.g. Family visit or holidays etc.

The checklist in the form asks for cohabitation document spread evenly over the past TWO years and NOT past three months. However, as per other senior members, these are not required. I, on the other hand attached these just for the peace of my heart and mind. I also attached my spouse passport and BRP and children birth certificate etc in short whatever checklist asked me I provided.

With regards to her employment, If she will be unemployed on the date of application, you should put unemployed. If she will be employed, put employed and explain in the cover letter that her last day at work is XX-YY-ZZZZ and she is soon starting a new job with a new employer on XX-YY-ZZZ.

I am sure you are aware of the following but make sure the following:

She should not apply with in 28 days of her being eligible. Remember she must be eligible on the date of application and NOT on the date of her bio-metrics appointment.

She can apply 28 days ahead reaching to 10th anniversary.

There should be no gap.

Many members are confused from what date to count 10 years. Its always from the first entry in the UK and NOT from the VISA validity date.

No single overseas trip for more than 180 days.

In total over 10 years, less than 540 days absence,

Correct English language test (B1) or a UK degree or an international degree taught in english with Naric Red Route certification/equivalence.

Scan every page in the passport for all the passports.

Hope the above is helpful and if I have missed anything, if senior members can kindly add to that.
Thats my point of view, seniors can do correction and explain in more detail, I could be mistaken.
Cheers
__A

widi2009
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by widi2009 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am

Archer1 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:40 pm
talreh20 wrote:

There should be no gap.

Thats my point of view, seniors can do correction and explain in more detail, I could be mistaken.
Cheers
Dear Archer1 and talreh20,

Sorry to ask you about the gaps: what about the gaps due to waiting for visa decision when switching between two visas? For example, when I switch from Tier 4 DES visa to Tier 2 Visa (in-time application), there is a waiting period of 2 months until my Tier 2 Visa is approved. Is this waiting period breaks my 10-year continuous residence?

Thank you very much in advance for your clarification.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:32 am

widi2009 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am
Archer1 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:40 pm
talreh20 wrote:

There should be no gap.

Cheers
Dear Archer1 and talreh20,

Sorry to ask you about the gaps: what about the gaps due to waiting for visa decision when switching between two visas? For example, when I switch from Tier 4 DES visa to Tier 2 Visa (in-time application), there is a waiting period of 2 months until my Tier 2 Visa is approved. Is this waiting period breaks my 10-year continuous residence?

Thank you very much in advance for your clarification.
Please ask your questions in your own topic you have already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

widi2009
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by widi2009 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:57 am

OK sorry

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Anon8525 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Many thanks for the replies everyone. We will submit whatever documents they ask in the online application document checklist and include a cover a letter explaining that she will start a new contract on 2nd September.