ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting a return of the EEA sponsor's passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

filit
Newly Registered
Italy

Requesting a return of the EEA sponsor's passport

Post by filit » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi all,

My partner's (non-EEA, un-married) application for a residence card is unfortunately taking longer than we were hoping. It will be 9 weeks on Wednesday.

I have to leave the country for a few weeks on 19 September 2019 and I don't know whether asking the Home Office to return my (Italian) passport which was submitted as part of her applicationwill jeopardise her application.

Does anyone have any experience with this? The Home Office was predictably not-helpful when we called the helpline.

Thanks!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Requesting a return of the EEA sponsor's passport

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:57 am

Apply to get your passport and even hers if needed. The Home Office won't take exception and this doesn't harm the application. They are used to people requesting their IDs because they need them to travel or work. So it's a routine thing for them really.

it91
United Kingdom

Re: Requesting a return of the EEA sponsor's passport

Post by it91 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:39 pm

filit wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:01 pm
Hi all,

My partner's (non-EEA, un-married) application for a residence card is unfortunately taking longer than we were hoping. It will be 9 weeks on Wednesday.

I have to leave the country for a few weeks on 19 September 2019 and I don't know whether asking the Home Office to return my (Italian) passport which was submitted as part of her applicationwill jeopardise her application.

Does anyone have any experience with this? The Home Office was predictably not-helpful when we called the helpline.

Thanks!
I asked for my marriage certificate to be returned, as I needed it. They sent it back with a letter saying that my application might take longer and i might get asked it to be sent to HO again.

If you need it, request it back. It won’t jeopardize but most probably will postpone their decision a bit.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement