ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naric letter needed?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aschluss
Newly Registered
United States of America

Naric letter needed?

Post by aschluss » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:27 pm

I have a Bachelor's degree from the USA.
In the list of documents for my ILR, it says:

NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK

When I go through the Naric website in the visa and nationality section, and put in my nationality and that I'm going for settlement, it says:

From the options selected for nationality, Immigration category and route, you do not need the UK NARIC visa service.

So the home office website seems to say I need it, but the Naric website doesn't let me proceed.

Can someone please clarify?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naric letter needed?

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:31 pm

If you are a US citizen then you do not need to meet the English requirement. The Degree question in the form is ONLY relevant to meeting the English requirement. HO has no interest in your qualifications. You should answer NO the degree and English test question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by samus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 pm

CR001's advice is also what the Home Office hotline told me this morning with the same question - see this thread.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:00 pm

aschluss wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:27 pm
I have a Bachelor's degree from the USA.
In the list of documents for my ILR, it says:

NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK

When I go through the Naric website in the visa and nationality section, and put in my nationality and that I'm going for settlement, it says:

From the options selected for nationality, Immigration category and route, you do not need the UK NARIC visa service.

So the home office website seems to say I need it, but the Naric website doesn't let me proceed.

Can someone please clarify?

If you are not an American citizen then still you will need NARIC comparability report:
If your degree was taught or researched in English
You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

If your degree is from a UK university, you only need your degree certificate.

If your degree is not from a UK university you’ll need:

a copy of your degree certificate
an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.

If your degree is from a non-majority English-speaking country you’ll also need an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree was taught in English.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.