ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super Priority Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nickmpco

Super Priority Query

Post by nickmpco » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:59 am

Hello,

I will be applying for ILR in about 3 weeks. I understand that now we must provide biometric info at a service point. I will likely use the 'enhanced' service point in Edinburgh. My question is, how booked up are these service centres generally (namely Edinburgh or Glasgow)? Would I be able to get a slot within a day or two, or is there a substantial wait? Any anecdotal evidence is much appreciated.

Thanks!

ttcg
United Kingdom

Re: Super Priority Query

Post by ttcg » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:32 am

I don't know about that service point in Edinburgh.

But when I applied on 17th Aug (Saturday), all enhanced service points in Hertfordshire are all fully booked.
I checked - Watford, Hertfordshire, Stratsford and all gone. The earliest appointment I could get in Hertfordshire is around 1st/2nd week of September.

However, I could pay £100 extra and get the appointment on Crydon Core Service point on Monday.

I feel that, these enhanced service points are ok only if you can wait 2/3 weeks for the Biometric appointment. The appointments are very limited and you must be very lucky to book it in the same week. Probably, they designed it like that to make more money and force applicants to pay extra £100 to go to Core Service Points.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Super Priority Query

Post by aman90 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:59 am

Don’t know abt the two above., but there is a definitely a few weeks wait between free appointments..a week for paid appointments. Premium lounge are available same day.
I’d suggest not booking immediately after submission. Check during the day or night with various postcodes that you can easily travel to.
Once booked..you cannot see if any appointments have opened up..