ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculation of time in the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mike20
Newly Registered
Greece

Calculation of time in the UK

Post by mike20 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi,

I have a similar thread open about BC, but I would like to ask a question for the EU settlement scheme because I was given multiple conflicting advice.

My situation is as such:
- Date of first entry in the UK: June 2015
- Absence from the UK for important reason: August 2016 - May 2017
- Date of second entry in the UK: June 2017 ever since.

I was told (by someone in the EU Resolution Centre) that I can apply right now for settled status because in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, I had 6 or more months in the UK and we're already in the 8th month of 2019.

But now they have asked me for evidence from July 2014 till June 2015, and when I called them they said that calculations do not work like that, and I need to have 5 years from the time I came here.

Can I please ask if anyone had any experience whether years are recorded as calendar years (i.e. the whole of 2015 is 'ok' if you have 6 months or more) or what I was told is correct and I need to wait until June 2020 to apply? Is it worth applying for an administrative review?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Calculation of time in the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:47 am

June 2020.

It is not calendar years. Any residence for any applications to ukvi is not based on calendar year but resident years.

It is 5 years from the date of entry to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mike20
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: Calculation of time in the UK

Post by mike20 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:58 am

Ah thank you for clarifying. I find it a bit unfortunate that "date of entry" is mentioned nowhere in the EU settlement scheme page but that clarifies things up.

And would you mind if I asked you when you think I should apply? Another thing I was reading is that when you provide evidence, it's evidence for the month the document is dated. So for example a flight ticket to the UK in Xth of June 2015 applies for June, so I can apply 1st of June 2020? Or should I wait till exactly the Xth date?

Thank you so much once again! 😊 This forum is so invaluable!