ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Migrant application from outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jazzfan5
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Migrant application from outside UK

Post by jazzfan5 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:00 am

Hi,

I'm in the process of gathering all my documentation to send in an application for the Tier 1 visa from outside of the UK. My country's British High Commission only allows applications online and I was wondering if anyone in a similar situation could share their experiences with me.

When you applied online, did you have to pay your application fees online at that time?
Do you then need to make an appointment to have your biometrics data taken at your local UK Embassy?
Can you submit your supporting documents at that same appointment?
If the date that you paid and the date that your biometrics were taken are far apart, which date is considered the date of the application? (From which date does the 7 day proof of maintenance threshold start?)
Did you have to provide proof of accommodation (and what did you provide?)

Thanks for any help.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:45 am

If the date that you paid and the date that your biometrics were taken are far apart, which date is considered the date of the application? (From which date does the 7 day proof of maintenance threshold start?)
Not too sure about this, but my guess would be that they would start 7 days from the latest date, i.e. the date which occurs last.
Did you have to provide proof of accommodation (and what did you provide?)
This is not a mandatory requirement as it is not stated in rules anywhere, although BHC in India encourages to submit such proof. To be completely sure you can ask this question to your local BHC for a definitive reply.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm

When you applied online, did you have to pay your application fees online at that time? Some BHC do not have facility to receive cash so they have restriction of accepting fees only through online.

Do you then need to make an appointment to have your biometrics data taken at your local UK Embassy? Yes

Can you submit your supporting documents at that same appointment? Yes

If the date that you paid and the date that your biometrics were taken are far apart, which date is considered the date of the application? (From which date does the 7 day proof of maintenance threshold start?) You would be allowed to give Biometric only when you have paid the fees already. Your application will be the day of Biometric.

Did you have to provide proof of accommodation (and what did you provide?) Hotel booking

jazzfan5
Newly Registered

Post by jazzfan5 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:16 am

Thanks so much for replying. I will probably call my UK Embassy to find out if there are any extra requirements unique to them before I do the online application. Just in case.

Thanks again.
Cheers

applier
Newly Registered

Post by applier » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:49 pm

posting : "If the date that you paid and the date that your biometrics were taken are far apart, which date is considered the date of the application? (From which date does the 7 day proof of maintenance threshold start?) You would be allowed to give Biometric only when you have paid the fees already. Your application will be the day of Biometric. "

hmmm.. I was allowed to give Biometric before I paid. I have not paid yet..and hence I still have the question of whether its the latest of payment or biometric?

My guess was the same as 'Coolestguy's' ie: the latest of, but got doubts now. plus if this is not the case then i'm screwed, cause my maintenance fund statement does not fall within the 7 days of biometric date(application date).

Any one know?
Response much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Wow!

You were alllowed Biometric even before paying fees. There is something wrong the way your local BHC is working. What if you do not turn up to apply further? The administratve effort made and the resoruces will be at loss.

Considering this anomaly, I would count 7 days prior to the day you submit your documents. Because BHC might charge you some day and it may take some time before you get the chance (appointment) to sumbit docs.