ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Appointments - Link is to a Visa one not Naturalisation.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KW12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

UKVCAS Appointments - Link is to a Visa one not Naturalisation.

Post by KW12345 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi

I submitted my application this morning and followed the link given to book my appointment. Once I'd paid for the appointment and got to see more info, it appears I have an appointment as a Visa applicant. The mandatory/supporting documents are different, obviously, to the ones I will have to provide. I've cancelled it.
Has anyone had any experience of this before, and if so how did you sort it?

Thanks in advance,

Kate

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: UKVCAS Appointments - Link is to a Visa one not Naturalisation.

Post by aman90 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:44 pm

Sopra is a third part website. They only know that you have made An application but not what type.
You are given the mandatory documents list that you need to upload before being redirected to them.
It’s not their responsibility if you give less or more.
Their job is to take biometrics and forward the docs to HO and if you’ve paid for the checking and scanning service, to do just that.
Your application is already with HO.
I think you maybe be overthinking this.
Dont get confused by the Optional documents list.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:40 pm

KW12345 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:15 pm
Hi

I submitted my application this morning and followed the link given to book my appointment. Once I'd paid for the appointment and got to see more info, it appears I have an appointment as a Visa applicant. The mandatory/supporting documents are different, obviously, to the ones I will have to provide. I've cancelled it.
Has anyone had any experience of this before, and if so how did you sort it?

Thanks in advance,

Kate
You would have got the PDF version of the final form to download. Check the first page where it gives you the category you applied the visa for.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

KW12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KW12345 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Thank you aman90 and you may be right about overthinking it. It's just that above my name on the site/manage appointments is the heading 'Visa Application' and supporting documents include medical history, sponsors etc. I completely appreciate that it is my responsibility to provide the mandatory documents of which I have the downloaded list following submitting the application, it just seemed wrong to me that I was completing my 'Visa Application'.
Anyway I've spoken to UKVI and they believe it may be a technical issue.... I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

KW12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KW12345 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi tier11417
Thanks for replying.
My pdf form says 'TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: Apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen', which is correct. It is the UKVCAS site which states Visa Application. (I appreciate it is nothing to do with UKVCAS and it is to do with the link from the application site to the ukvcas site - if indeed there is a problem at all!)
Am I being really daft and naturalisation is actually seen as the same as a visa?

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:22 pm

KW12345 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Am I being really daft and naturalisation is actually seen as the same as a visa?
Not daft just overthinking!
I just applied and my ukvcas account says the exact same.. I’m done with biomets.
Naturalisation is not a visa per say but in the grand scheme it comes under the same umbrella where SOPRA is concerned.
On a bright note you contributed towards the economy by paying for the call :)
Relax and get on with ur appointment. Good luck!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Note: For UKVCAS the mandatory document is only your current valid passport thats it. And on the website, all other documents are shown in the “other” category (although mandatory) but this is how the website works and its pretty normal.

As long as your PDF shows the correct category, you have uploaded all your documents and book for biometrics appointment, relax and enjoy your Friday night!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

KW12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KW12345 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:23 am

Thank you both for your help and advice. It's very much appreciated.