ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of British moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gksaphire
Newly Registered

Spouse of British moving to Ireland

Post by gksaphire » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:59 am

Hi Evereyone,

I have been following all topics concerning Ireland's rule preventing non eea family memeber of EEA Citizen from getting residence in Ireland if they have not lived 2gether in another EEa country.

My situation:
I was married to an icelandic citizen in london in 2002 and we lived 2gether for a year and got the eea residence permit , but the marriage fell apart and my exwife returned to iceland after one year. in December 2003 I had an encounter with the Immigration, and the officer initiated a proceeding against me(Reason:-Wife no longer excercising treaty right) and in February my EEA residnce permit was cancelled and I was advised to appeal or leave the country or I will be removed ,I did not appeal so I was issued with a removal order: I started Divorce process and got the absolute within 6 months . I had my 1st son in April 2005 with my british partner and got marrid to her in Ireland in December 2007 and had my second son in london in february 2008.
Now: Desperate to regularise my situation I am thinking of going to ireland with my wife and apply for the eea permit and subsequently request a visa to return to the UK from the british emmbassy in Dub.
Please can you advise me on what to do ? Hoping that someone will respond soon.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:42 am

What nationality are you? More specifically, are you a visa required national?

gksaphire
Newly Registered

Post by gksaphire » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 am

I am a nigerian: byt I hv visited ireland in the past, may be around 7 occassions with visiting visas

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:29 am

gksaphire wrote:I am a nigerian: byt I hv visited ireland in the past, may be around 7 occassions with visiting visas
The problem is, you will need a visa to enter Ireland. I'm open to correction, but I don't believe the Irish embassy in London will grant you a visa now, since you do not currently have legal residency in the UK.

It is likely that the only option for you, unfortunately, is to return to Nigeria and apply for an Irish visa from there.