ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Uni student

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimin95
Philippines

Temporary Address

Post by jimin95 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:53 am

Hi! I will be applying Naturalization soon. Should I include a letter from university confirming that I am a student or are the p60s enough (because I also do part time job throughout my university course time) and I earned about £8k in 1 year.

Does HO cross check with the information given at Student Finance? I put the wrong dates in my address in SFE application last year. We lived temporarily in that address and I put it in the SFE application. SFE required addresses for the last 3 years. I wasn't asked for any proofs of address by SFE because I am Non-EEA. However we didn't put this information (temporary address)in the ILR application. I don't have bank statements to prove that temporary address because my parents said it's not official so we still used the old address even though we were living in the temporary address for 1 month (we lived with a colleague for a while until we settled to the new place and find our own house). My aunt was living in that old address that's why I still got the bank statement. Will this be an issue if HO cross check information from SFE records? I have no gaps about living in the UK for 5 years. I'm still kicking myself for including that temporary address in the SFE application. Thanks in advance.

jimin95
Philippines

Re: Temporary Address

Post by jimin95 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:14 am

I think it should be fine as long as HO don't check my information at SFE. It will turn out that I put the wrong information in my SFE application. I shouldn't have done this :(

jimin95
Philippines

Re: Temporary Address

Post by jimin95 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:17 pm

Any advice please? I'm so worried.

jimin95
Philippines

Application for Uni student

Post by jimin95 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi! I will be applying citizenship soon. I'm Non EU. I'm wondering if it's okay to put employed part time in the employment part or shall I include being a student as well. Do they have to know that I have an ongoing loan with Student Finance? (I have tuition fee and maintainance loan and I'm an upcoming 2nd year student. Is it okay not to mention being a student and just employed? What are the p60s proving? Thanks!

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Re: Application for Uni student

Post by EntertainME » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Not sure if you are aware of it, but the HO have access to all your information.
They are already aware that you are registered with SFE and attend university.

My advice is to jusy be honest about your current circumstances and provide relevant documents.

Regards.