ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit (for UK)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Obi Kenobi
Newly Registered
Portugal

EEA Family Permit (for UK)

Post by Obi Kenobi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:22 pm

My non-EEA partner (USA citizen) is currently applying for a EEA family permit to join me in UK and for that she's going through the application online. There's one step where it's requested to insert the EEA citizen's Permanent Residence card number and expire date. In order she can progress, we have one question for which we need an answer:

My Permanent Residence card doesn't show any expire date (or renewal date), only issue date. What is the expire date of my PR card that my partner can use in the application for the family permit?

Additional question:
I didn't apply yet for the EU Settlement Scheme but I can always do it before December 2020, from what I could understand. Is there any advantage for my partner to apply for a EU Settlement Scheme family permit instead of a EU familiy permit?

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EEA Family Permit (for UK)

Post by NatCam » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:49 pm

I think you are mistaken. There must be an expiry date, unless it is a forgery. :D Look closer.