ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa for my mum refused twice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saadmlk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Standard visitor visa for my mum refused twice

Post by Saadmlk » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Hello all,

My mum is of age 63. Based in pakistan. She was a government employee and now on pension.

I applied for first visitor visa a year back. The refusal was follow:

You have not declared the income source coming into your account hence we are refusing your application.

Keep in mind that we did provide her income details as a letter from the government proving her salary

2nd time we apllied again. I provided my and my spouse payslips coming upto almost 120k income a year. Accommodation letters and all was included. My sister is dependant on my mum. We also attached property letters in her name to prove further ties to pakistan .

This time the only ground they gave was we are not satisfied that you will leave the UK at the end of your visa.

My question is how to satisfy this ground. Apart from my sister being dependant on my mum. Is there any other way to satisfy HO. also now my status has changed from spouse visa to settled. Does that make any difference??

Thanks

Singh_harv
India

Re: Standard visitor visa for my mum refused twice

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:11 pm

Did you include a cover letter explaining her circumstances and the documents attached ?

Can you list the documents sent with the recent application and the refusal letter.

CarlH88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CarlH88 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:16 pm

If your saying that your sister is dependent on your mother, but your mother is leaving for 2 months to visit the UK, your sister isn't really dependent on your mother if she can get by without her for 2 months.

I would say this would be something you need to convince the Home Office about, if this was her only reason then I would be inclined to agree with the decision personally.

Saadmlk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Saadmlk » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 pm

Hello,

Thanks for reply. Well we applied for only 10days visit and we mentioned that she want to come for 10days as my sister being there cannot be alone more than 10days.
Apart from this we mentioned her properties in pakistan too and we mentioned as my dad being a heart patient and need my mother to take care of him. Not sure what else to include to justify that she WILL return to her country

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Would be useful if you can provide refusal letter removing personal details.

My in laws were refused first time but then we attached further documents showing their ties, financial situation and were granted second time.

Can you list what documents did you send?

CarlH88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CarlH88 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Saadmlk wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 pm
Hello,

Thanks for reply. Well we applied for only 10days visit and we mentioned that she want to come for 10days as my sister being there cannot be alone more than 10days.
Apart from this we mentioned her properties in pakistan too and we mentioned as my dad being a heart patient and need my mother to take care of him. Not sure what else to include to justify that she WILL return to her country
On that basis, have you attached the birth certificate of your sister, highlighting your mothers name on it?
Have you supplied a copy of the marriage certificate between your mother and father and pointed at he is not travelling?

You need to provide actual evidence for the reasons given.

I provided both of the above on the application for my mother in law and it was accepted. She is leaving behind her son and husband and I wrote a separate letter to this effect.