ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of Birth

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rex90

Place of Birth

Post by rex90 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:58 am

Hi all - I am about to apply for naturalisation (ILR+1y).

I have previously received my wokr visas and ILR using Israeli Travel Document with place of Birth = "Jerusalem, Israel".

When i get my passport I don't want it to say Israel but would prefer it has either 'Jerusalem' only or 'Jerusalem, Palestinian Occupied Territories'... which is a more correct description.

When I apply using the online form, can I put Palestinian Occupied Territories for the country instead of Israel even though this wont match my existing BRP?

----- altenratively, can i apply with a different passport than the one used to obtain my BRP? (ie Israeli Travel Document vs Jordanian passport)...

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Place of Birth

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:16 am

It says city only the British passports. For example I was born in Johannesburg South Africa and my British passport says only Johannesburg.

Using a different passport doesn't change where you were born!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rex90

Re: Place of Birth

Post by rex90 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:20 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:16 am
It says city only the British passports. For example I was born in Johannesburg South Africa and my British passport says only Johannesburg.

Using a different passport doesn't change where you were born!!
Thanks for your reply. Believe it or not for Palestinians it does... our situation is very complicated =]

Good to know that it doesnt say the country, so if i proceed to apply with Israel as the country, it will never appear on the passport anyway. Thank you!