ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for wife after i must have gotten ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bidibudi
Nigeria

ILR application for wife after i must have gotten ILR

Post by bidibudi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:06 am

Hi,
Someone made mention that a main applicant who is the main visa holder has got his ILR last month. And the person as a dependent is filling the application for my ILR.
i have few question

I am on a tier 2 visa and will be due for ILR 2021 March but i have a three years visa which covers me up to 5 yrs and 10 months as my wife wont be 5 yrs until September that is me being 5 yrs and 6 months . and i have concluded we all we apply in December.

1. Can i go ahead and apply as at when am 5 yrs (April 2021) and they can afterwards apply. wont their tier 2 dependent visa becomes invalid as soon as i cross to ILR. cos we both have our tier 2 visa and dependent visa valid till Dec 2021

2. i am trying to fall in a salary threshold of £36200 which is before April 2021 or-else i will have to earn around £37000 after april 2021. i will be 5 yrs in April using the date of issue on visa.

my First tier 2 was issued in 28th April 2016
i applied in 20 April 2016. will i be doing the right thing if i apply between March 20 2021 and April 5th 2021 to avoid the £37000 threshold for ILR?
my employer at that time may not be willing to review any salary. and just for me to avoid re negotiating at that time.

i know it seems a long way before i apply , i believe the will also enlightening some who are about applying and in same circumstance.
thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application for wife after i must have gotten ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:15 am

1. Yes you can apply first and they can apply later before their visas expire. No their visas do not become "invalid"!!

2. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date. So 1st April is the earliest you can apply. The date you initially applied for your tier 2 is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bidibudi
Nigeria

Re: ILR application for wife after i must have gotten ILR

Post by bidibudi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:15 am
1. Yes you can apply first and they can apply later before their visas expire. No their visas do not become "invalid"!!

2. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date. So 1st April is the earliest you can apply. The date you initially applied for your tier 2 is irrelevant.
Thanks CR001 you are really doing a wonderful job
this piece of information will book marked and kept safe.