ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to get passport from the HO

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gugulak
Newly Registered

how to get passport from the HO

Post by gugulak » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:24 am

Hi there

I am from the Czech Republic and my partner from Iran. We sent his EEA2 application form one year ago and the HO told us that they are still considering and nothing is actually happening. My partner applied before for asylum, but nobody has replied him until today, which was the reason we applied through EEA2. However, they refused to accept our Zoroastrian marriage and therefore they consider us as unmarried couple, but with no results for us.

Therefore, we are thinking to go to Iran and use VAF5 from Iran. The problem is that they still KEEP HIS PASSPORT. HOW CAN WE GET IT BACK ASAP? And go to Iran before October, because I think that is the time when they change rules every years?

Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: how to get passport from the HO

Post by Plum70 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:39 am

Therefore, we are thinking to go to Iran and use VAF5 from Iran. The problem is that they still KEEP HIS PASSPORT. HOW CAN WE GET IT BACK ASAP? And go to Iran before October, because I think that is the time when they change rules every years?
Thanks
Call 0207 035 4848 (Home Office), select option 1, then 4 and then 1, also have your HO reference number/special delivery number ready, then let the agent you speak with know that you want the passports returned due to urgent travel. Note that your Iranian spouse has to call them, the HO will not accept information from 3rd party callers.

gugulak
Newly Registered

Post by gugulak » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:08 am

hi there

thanks for answer. We are just scared to call, because we believe they will have some problems, because he was or still he has asylum seekers application here and therefore they will refuse to give us his passport. However, we will try to call and get it back.

What is difference between VAF5 and EEA2 form?

Do you think we could maybe marry here in Iranian ambassy instead going to Iran and use VAF5 for reaplying? Will HO accept islamic marriage and count us as husband and wife?

thanks

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: how to get passport from the HO

Post by tasha75 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:11 pm

gugulak,
when did he applied for asylum? Do you know if he is a "legacy case" now? If he is, then I wouldn't hurry going back home.
If you don't know whats legacy case, search Case resolution directorate on this forum or google it up.
Do not live your life in fear.

gugulak
Newly Registered

Post by gugulak » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Hello

he made his fresh application 2005. Since then no answer, no letter from HO. From that I understand that he is in legacy cases. Why do you think it is better to stay? Because of the answer given by 2011?

or do the lagacy cases any other advantage compared to New Asylum rules that I missed?

Thanks