ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visa application for mother-in-law and her daughter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Standard Visa application for mother-in-law and her daughter

Post by zeeshan8800 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Hello everyone,

My mother-in-law need to visit my family as we have a newly born baby. She is applying for standard-visa for 3 months. She receives her money every month from her husband and she saves in her bank account. Does she need a letter from her husband stating that he is sending all the money and she is saving it? Last year, they HO rejected her application because she didn't attach a letter how she got money in her account. I am also sending a supporting letter saying that she is staying with us.

Apart with her application, she has one dependent who also want to visit us during this trip. Dependent is over 18 and never visited UK before. Do I need to apply separately for her dependent? Her dependent doesn't have any bank statement.

Thank you in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Standard Visa application for mother-in-law and her daughter

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:42 am

Yes she needs to get a letter from her husband that she is being supported by him and evidence of his income. The person who wants to accompany her must apply for visit visa on her own.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Standard Visa application for mother-in-law and her daughter

Post by Route to ILR » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:44 pm

zeeshan8800 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:06 pm
Hello everyone,

My mother-in-law need to visit my family as we have a newly born baby. She is applying for standard-visa for 3 months. She receives her money every month from her husband and she saves in her bank account. Does she need a letter from her husband stating that he is sending all the money and she is saving it? Last year, they HO rejected her application because she didn't attach a letter how she got money in her account. I am also sending a supporting letter saying that she is staying with us.

Apart with her application, she has one dependent who also want to visit us during this trip. Dependent is over 18 and never visited UK before. Do I need to apply separately for her dependent? Her dependent doesn't have any bank statement.

Thank you in advance.
Hi

Bro 3 months r very excessive period of time to visit someone (even son). Keep it to 1 month . otherwise hard to get the visa. Mark my words on this. Try to apply your mom visa alone if she alraady has one visa rejection on her file.
Most important thing is to convince the ECO that she will go back after her visit to the UK. show her financial and social ties to the home country. If her dependent is also applying than its a big NO NO for both of them.