ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many Bank Statements are needed for Tier1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maybe
Newly Registered

How many Bank Statements are needed for Tier1 visa

Post by maybe » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:30 am

Hi,

I am confused with the Tier1 visa guidelines with respect to the number of months, for which we are supposed to show the previous bank statements.

I was under the impression that only last 3 months bank statements are needed but read somewhere that last 12 months statements are needed. I am confused....

Are these bank statements used by UKHO to verify points for "Previous Earnings" or for "Maintenance of funds" or for both?

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:25 am

If you are showing same bank accounts for maintenance and previous earnings then it should be 12 months. (In India it should be 15 months)

If you are showing separate account statements for previous earnings and maintenance funds then:
1. For Previous Earnings: statements covering earning period
2. For maintenance funds: statements for last 3 months (If applying from India, statements for last 15 months are advisable, but there's no case of rejection till date because they submitted 3 months statement for maintenance and not 15 months statement.)

maybe
Newly Registered

Post by maybe » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm

I am using statements from 4 banks to claim for "Maintenance of Funds".

Out of those 4 banks, I am using 3 to show my "Previous Earnings".

Now, Do I need to send 2 copies of each of the bank statements to claim points for the two categories ("Maintenance of Funds" & "Previous earnings")?
OR
UKHO can use the same bank statement copy to verify points in the 2 categories?

Thanks,

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:05 pm

UKHO can use the same bank statement copy to verify points in the 2 categories.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:12 pm

It will help if you explain the circumstances / use of documentary evidence in the cover note. Will make it easier for CW to understand where to look for what!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!