ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Zealand - has anybody got PR recently (SMC)?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waterlily
Newly Registered

New Zealand - has anybody got PR recently (SMC)?

Post by waterlily » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi all

Wondering what the current timescales for getting PR are (have checked the appropriate page on the London branch's website, but it's not particularly helpful), as playing the waiting game is killing me!!! :shock: Did any of you get PR recently, and if so would you mind sharing your timescales with us pretty please? :D

We submitted our ITA on 23rd June, it got lodged on 25th June and our medicals on 27th June. We have 110 points and no job offer.

I know it's *only* been 25 days and it may seem like early days yet, but we know a couple who submitted their ITA at the very end of May and got WTR within 4 weeks, with only 120 points and no job offer either, so we got our hopes up!!! :roll:

How's everybody else getting on?

Tenghp
Newly Registered

Post by Tenghp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:48 am

Hi, waterlily,

I was told by the visa officer that the normal processing time is 6 months. I have submitted my visa application for 5 months and yet I have not received any news.

I would like to bring my children to NZ to study. Hoipefully it is in time for the next academic year in 2009.

- Tenghp