ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused ILR - reconsidered and granted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benz52

Refused ILR - reconsidered and granted

Post by benz52 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Hello,

I would now be happy to say that I have successfully overturned my refused ILR application.

My application was initially refused owing to my absences abroad. However, I had not provided any evidence of paid leaves as there was no reference to annex f in the application form.

I then wrote to the Sheffield office and received their response within 6 weeks. Within 8 weeks, all formalities have been completed and me and my family have now been granted ILR.

Would like to thank everyone on this forum who has helped and would like to share advice for anyone seeking help.

Thanks

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Congratulations!

All the best to you and your family.
Oh, the drama...!

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Congratulations !!!

Techy
Newly Registered

Congratz to you and your family.

Post by Techy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi benz52,

First of all Congratz to you and your family.

I came to UK on July 2003. I have been outside the country for 235 days so far (for marriage and other holidays). Most of them are paid holidays.

I am planning to apply for ILR. Need you advice. Think mine might fail on same reason like yours.

Could you please share, what you wrote to shefield office and the process you went thru for reconsideraton..?

Appritiate your help.

Thanks,

Techy

benz52

Post by benz52 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:33 am

Hi techy,

I had 236 days in all and 136 of them were paid. Just make sure that when you apply for your ILR, clearly mention you paid leaves. Overall, being honest will give you the best chance of success.

Cheers

katrina

Post by katrina » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:18 pm

hi

benz

can you write to us what you wrote to sheffield office . i send you pm as well check ur mailbox .

Techy
Newly Registered

Post by Techy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Benz52,

I calculated now - the total unpaid holiday is 109 days now (with valid reasons). I will mention this in my applicatoin as well.
I am going to apply in person, as my wife has to go to India in November.
What do u recommand - should i apply by post or by person..?
Rgds,
Techy

benz52

Post by benz52 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:52 pm

katrina wrote:hi

benz

can you write to us what you wrote to sheffield office . i send you pm as well check ur mailbox .
Here is the letter that I sent to Sheffield. I hope this will help.

We xxx & xxx had recently applied for “indefinite leave to remainâ€

benz52

Post by benz52 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Techy wrote:Benz52,

I calculated now - the total unpaid holiday is 109 days now (with valid reasons). I will mention this in my applicatoin as well.
I am going to apply in person, as my wife has to go to India in November.
What do u recommand - should i apply by post or by person..?
Rgds,
Techy
Hi Techy

November is quite some time away. My original application (which was refused in May 2008) was decided in 7 days (including the weekend) which was quite speedy. However, if more evidence is required more time should be given. You should consider whether your application is tedious. If it is, then applying in person maybe the right thing to do. I have read on this forum that you are treated very well and it will give you better chances of convincing the case worker. However, if i was in your place, and my application was not too complicated, I would have applied by post.

Again, BIA only allow paid holidays & work holidays to be discounted.

Cheers

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Congrats.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

Techy
Newly Registered

Got my ILR stamped

Post by Techy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:58 pm

benz52,
Thanks for your help.
I got my ILR stamped.

As you suggested - while filling the section for number of days spent outside UK - I highlighted if it is a paid leave or not (with proof of payslips/counciltax receipts wherever possible).
And finally the total unpaid leave counted to around 130.

Once after sending the application it was a long wait until knowing the result...!

Thanks for your help.

-Techy :D

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:54 pm

Thanks for the information.
Admins, can this thread be made a Sticky one. The letter included by benz52 is very useful for ILR applicants, so it's worthwhile to keep this thread active for future reference.

thanks.
global gypsy