ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change address before receiving BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mccheb
Mood:
Belgium

Change address before receiving BRP

Post by mccheb » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Hello all,

Would be grateful if you can provide some suggestions on my situation.
I have applied for tier 2 visa (extension) earlier and it has been approved.
However, I must move to another address before I receive my BRPs by post.
Should I use the "change of circumstances" form? (I don't yet know any details of my new BRP, though)
I tried to call the UKVI's helpline but they are clearly clueless.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change address before receiving BRP

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:08 am

BRPs are delivered by dx courier not royal mail. DX courier will only deliver to the address you gave HO. If you are not there, it is sent back to HO. As you have already been approved, it is likely too late to update your address.

Suggest contact the courier and arrange to collect it from one of their customer service centres.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mccheb
Mood:
Belgium

Post by mccheb » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:44 am

Many thanks for your reply CR001.

As an update, I have contact DX delivery quite several times and they have yet to received the parcel from UKVI..

mccheb
Mood:
Belgium

Post by mccheb » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Update:

DX delivery finally had my BRPs, but they are still being delivered to my OLD address (despite that I've already submitted "change of circumstances" form and received an acknowledgement from UKVI saying that they now have the NEW address in their system!)

I asked DX to reschedule the delivery to my new address, but they said that's only possible if the new address is in the same area. So I asked them to deliver instead to their depot in the same area as my old address, and finally I travelled there myself to collect the BRPs (my dependants' BRPs are in separate envelopes, had to show their IDs as well).

In total, 16 days since the approval letter.