ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Irish passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GSP666
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

First Irish passport application

Post by GSP666 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:25 am

I have just been granted citizenship through the foreign birth register. 🙂

I want to apply for my first Irish passport but my situation is not standard so I’m struggling to find info online.

I am a UK citizen and resident but currently working in Estonia and not due back in UK until Christmas. As a UK resident, can I apply for the passport at the Irish Embassy in Tallinn? Or do I have to return to UK and apply in London?

Any help would be appreciated!

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Re: First Irish passport application

Post by Fanikhan15 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:44 pm

GSP666 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:25 am
I have just been granted citizenship through the foreign birth register. 🙂

I want to apply for my first Irish passport but my situation is not standard so I’m struggling to find info online.

I am a UK citizen and resident but currently working in Estonia and not due back in UK until Christmas. As a UK resident, can I apply for the passport at the Irish Embassy in Tallinn? Or do I have to return to UK and apply in London?

Any help would be appreciated!
Yes you can apply from estonia contact nearest embassy or consulate and you can contact dfa (www.dfa.ie/passports/contact/) for your query

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:51 pm

You can apply at your ordinary residence. So if you have a residence permit in Estonia, you surely can apply at the embassy there.

Marwin
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Marwin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:00 am

@GSP666 Have you already received your Irish passport?

I have submitted mine to the German embassy about two month ago but apparently it has not been forwarded to Ireland yet given that it does not track online.