ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion over marriage visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Parsnip07
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Confusion over marriage visitor visa

Post by Parsnip07 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi all

My Argentinian Fiancée has applied for a UK marriage visitor visa online via the Gov.UK website in August. The appointment at VFS to provide biometrics and documentation is not until end of September. The rules state you can’t travel any sooner than three months after you apply. In this case, is the date you apply counted as the online application on the Gov website or three months from the appointment at VFS? Thanks all!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confusion over marriage visitor visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:58 pm

That is not what it states.

It states you can (as in "could") apply up to three months before your intended travel date, ie have your visa dated for date of travel. It is not that you apply and can only travel after three months.

Are you planning on settling in the UK??

You do realise she cannot switch to a spouse visa within the UK if she applies for the must cheaper marriage visitor visa. She has to leave the UK and apply from home country for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Parsnip07
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Parsnip07 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks Char. She put 01 December as intended date of travel. She will return to Argentina after we are married as she has a job there. I will rejoin her once I have saved enough for a visit. It wasn’t a cheaper option either.....with the VFS charges the cost was over $400. Appreciate your help.

Parsnip07
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Parsnip07 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:14 pm

But I appreciate a spousal visa is more expensive! So I think date of travel/visa valid from 01 December will be acceptable.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Parsnip07 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:12 pm
Thanks Char. She put 01 December as intended date of travel. She will return to Argentina after we are married as she has a job there. I will rejoin her once I have saved enough for a visit. It wasn’t a cheaper option either.....with the VFS charges the cost was over $400. Appreciate your help.
That process even can be skipped by simply marrying in Argentina where you travel there. That marriage will be valid for visa purpose without registering/remarrying again in UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Parsnip07
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Parsnip07 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Thanks Seagul, but she wants to marry here as has no family in Argentina and she is very close to my family. I guess if the UK marriage visa is refused we do have that option :D