ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Voluntary Return Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nikolaj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Voluntary Return Question

Post by Nikolaj » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:24 am

Hello, can I ask a question about voluntary return from someone who has been there, or knows how it works?
I have applied for voluntary return, on y own expense. I have been notified by a voluntary returns case worker that my passport, which is held by them, will be waiting for me at the airport. I was quite pleased that everything went well. However, one thing from the letter rang an alarm. It said that I should contact 'Other Ports Removal' desk at that airport when I arrive so they will instruct me how I can obtain my passport. Why would they ask that I should contact Removal (Deportation) desk if I am returning voluntarily? Is this just standard practice? Maybe its just the case that the same desk deals with both removals and voluntary departures? Many thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Re: Voluntary Return Question

Post by legalalien » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:17 am

Hi I went through this process about 12 years ago. It is standard procedure as you get your passport once you have checked in and passed security checks. I think the removal desk will give you papers to allow you to check in without your passport (if they haven’t given you a letter already) so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. If it is a forced removal they would have detained you in advance and not simply offer you the option to collect passport from the airport.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Are you planning to reapply from overseas?