ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British National with EU Spouse in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntrepidShepherd
Newly Registered
South Africa

British National with EU Spouse in Ireland

Post by IntrepidShepherd » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi.

I am a British Citizen living in Ireland with my wife and children. They are all Dutch (EU) Citizens. My question is whether my wife would have to work or not to be able to stay longer than 3 months.

I can only find this info on EU citizens on their own steam in Ireland:

You then have the right of residence in Ireland for longer than three months if:
-You are employed or self-employed; or
-You have enough resources so that you and your dependents do not become a burden on the social assistance system and you have health insurance; or
-You are a student, you can maintain yourself, you have a place in an educational institution and you have health insurance; or
-Be a family member of an EU/EEA citizen in one of the previous categories.

None of these seems to accurately describe our situation so any info/advice would be appreciated.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: British National with EU Spouse in Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Read the second bullet point of Directive 2004/38/EC here - http://www.europarl.europa.eu/factsheet ... of-persons