ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (m) taking too long

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluoggie
Newly Registered
United States of America

FLR (m) taking too long

Post by bluoggie » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi everyone,

My FLR(m) is taking ridiculously long. It's been 13 weeks since the application and 11 since bio.

Contacted UKVI and MP, but nothing. And I'm worried that it's been forgotten and withdrawn without my knowing since I traveled outside during this period (I didn't know about that rule).

I had extra documents asked on August 16, submitted them within a few hours, and a reply on September 9th that the documents have been received, but I don't understand why it takes so long, especially given that others with similar experiences have gotten their decisions already.

I am honestly just willing to withdraw my application (I still have months left on my current student visa) and just do a super priority, but I'm not even sure if I can withdraw or if they have already withdrawn it without telling me.

This is honestly been a struggle everyday and 13 weeks for a decision that has not come yet is taking a toll on my health.

alexile
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (m) taking too long

Post by alexile » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 am

Same here, its already been 12 weeks, they asked for page 2 and 3 consent forms to be signed in between.

So yeah.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:41 pm

bluoggie wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:22 pm
Hi everyone,

My FLR(m) is taking ridiculously long. It's been 13 weeks since the application and 11 since bio.
The processing time starts from when you submitted the biometrics, not the online application. Thus Home Office is still within the estimated timeline.

bluoggie wrote:
I had extra documents asked on August 16, submitted them within a few hours, and a reply on September 9th that the documents have been received, but I don't understand why it takes so long, especially given that others with similar experiences have gotten their decisions already.
What documents have they asked you for? The 12 weeks processing time isn’t a compulsory timeline Home Office will follow, and in case the application is complex and/or they requested more evidence, then it will take longer.

I don’t understand why you want to withdraw the application and lose the money you have already paid (there are no refunds, only for the IHS surcharge in case the application is rejected), since you still have some time under the student visa.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 pm

bluoggie wrote:
And I'm worried that it's been forgotten and withdrawn without my knowing since I traveled outside during this period (I didn't know about that rule).
Just to add, I have read on this forum that if you travel outside the UK while your application is being processed, it will invalidate the application. Not sure whether this information is actually accurate or not, but it’s definitely something to keep in mind.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 pm
bluoggie wrote:
And I'm worried that it's been forgotten and withdrawn without my knowing since I traveled outside during this period (I didn't know about that rule).
Just to add, I have read on this forum that if you travel outside the UK while your application is being processed, it will invalidate the application. Not sure whether this information is actually accurate or not, but it’s definitely something to keep in mind.
The advice is accurate.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:22 pm

It is the Common Travel Area really.

34J & 34K of the immigration rules state:

[Quote] The proof of identity provided under paragraph 34(5) will be returned to the applicant whilst their application is being considered, unless the Secretary of State considers it necessary to retain it. Where the Secretary of State has retained an applicant’s proof of identity and the applicant requests the return of their passport for the purpose of travel outside the common travel area, the application for leave shall, provided it has not already been determined, be treated as withdrawn on the date that request is received by the Home Office.

Where proof of identity provided under paragraph 34(5) has been returned to the applicant pending a decision on their application for leave to remain and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application for leave to remain shall, provided that it has not been determined, be treated as withdrawn on the date that the applicant left the common travel area.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:27 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm
The advice is accurate.
Thank you for the clarification, Casa :)