ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement scheme family permit for non EEAfamily members

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ixithepixi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

EU settlement scheme family permit for non EEAfamily members

Post by ixithepixi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi
Please could somebody help and put me in the right direction.
My boyfriend is non Eu citizen and i am a EU citizen already having settled statues.We did meet a bit over 2years ago at work and are together ever since then.We do not live together as he lives at a hostel at work.
He has got the tier5 visa(restricted work plus biometric residence card wich goes with it)After every year being in the uk he has t go out for 2 months and work is doing his tier5 visa again for the following year.
My question is please could somebody put me in the right direction for him to get a family permit or simialr under the EU settlement scheme he can apply from inside the UK. he currently is residence here till May next year
Thank you so muchfor your help
Xenia

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: EU settlement scheme family permit for non EEAfamily members

Post by iwolga » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi Xenia,

EU Settlement scheme applies to family members or extended family members of EU citizens. If you are not married, you need to be living together for at least 2 years or otherwise be able to prove that you are in unregistered partnership with your bf. Normally this means shared accommodation, shared bills etc.

I don't see how your bf fits into these requirements atm.

The easiest way is to get married (sorry for intrusive advice)

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:01 pm

ixithepixi wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:47 pm
My boyfriend is non Eu citizen and i am a EU citizen already having settled statues.We did meet a bit over 2years ago at work and are together ever since then.We do not live together as he lives at a hostel at work.
Then he is not your family member and thus he is not eligible to apply. He is only your boyfriend, and there is no category for boyfriend/girlfriend under EEA rules.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 pm

iwolga wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 pm
If you are not married, you need to be living together for at least 2 years or otherwise be able to prove that you are in unregistered partnership with your bf. Normally this means shared accommodation, shared bills etc.
Note that unmarried partners cannot apply through the Settlement Scheme if they do not already have an unmarried partner EEA Residence Card, so this does not apply to the OP's circumstances.

If they wanted to apply for the EEA route (Brexit permitting, as clock is ticking and they have not lived together), the conditions you state are cumulative, not alternative. They would need 2 years of cohabitation AND prove that their relationship is akin to marriage through demonstration of joint financial commitments (just 2 years of cohabitation is not enough).
If the main purpose of the wedding is so that he can apply for the Settlement Scheme, the caseworker will see through this, and chances are this will not be an easy case. Obviously, the onus is on the applicant to get married when it is their own personal choice.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:17 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 pm
iwolga wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 pm
If you are not married, you need to be living together for at least 2 years or otherwise be able to prove that you are in unregistered partnership with your bf. Normally this means shared accommodation, shared bills etc.
Note that unmarried partners cannot apply through the Settlement Scheme if they do not already have an unmarried partner EEA Residence Card, so this does not apply to the OP's circumstances.

If they wanted to apply for the EEA route (Brexit permitting, as clock is ticking and they have not lived together), the conditions you state are cumulative, not alternative. They would need 2 years of cohabitation AND prove that their relationship is akin to marriage through demonstration of joint financial commitments (just 2 years of cohabitation is not enough).
If the main purpose of the wedding is so that he can apply for the Settlement Scheme, the caseworker will see through this, and chances are this will not be an easy case. Obviously, the onus is on the applicant to get married when it is their own personal choice.
Ow, well... I didn’t mean “fake it”. I was thinking if the relationship is genuine and lasts for 2 years and they want to be together... as far as I read it there’s no other goal

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:31 am

you can apply easily if you are married. No marriage = no Visa ... unmarried partner is not so easy anymore
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021