ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To change visa status from HSMP dependant to Tier 1 main

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skrish
Newly Registered

To change visa status from HSMP dependant to Tier 1 main

Post by skrish » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi,

I am currently arrived on to UK as HSMP dependant to my husband. My husband's visa will get expired by June 2009. But we foresee some issue in getting the extension based on the salary. So I am planning to apply for Tier 1 as a main applicant. Kindly let me know

1) Will I be eligible for applying for Tier 1
2) I have come from India. Can I apply for Tier 1 from UK or should I apply from India.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:32 am

1. Eligibility
2. Initial applications (The immigration categories from which you can switch into the highly skilled worker category) and Points Based System Tier 1, General Migrant (INF 21).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:04 am

Just to add to the above,
Dependents: Employment and switching rules wrote:Dependants may not switch into any category of the points-based system in their own right. If your dependants later want to be in the United Kingdom under the points-based system in their own right, they will have to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance (permission to enter the United Kingdom).
See also Tier 1 policy guidance

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

skrish
Newly Registered

Post by skrish » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:48 am

Hi I have one more clarification.

I am going to start my first job in UK on 21st July 2008. I will be working here for two months and will be taking a break at the end of september to go back to India and apply for Tier 1. In that case can I claim points agains UK experience with the job I am going to take here.

Pls help me out.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:31 pm

skrish wrote:Hi I have one more clarification.

I am going to start my first job in UK on 21st July 2008. I will be working here for two months and will be taking a break at the end of september to go back to India and apply for Tier 1. In that case can I claim points agains UK experience with the job I am going to take here.

Pls help me out.
Yes!. Your queries seem to suggest that you haven't read the Tier 1 policy guidance. Suggest that you read it and understand the rules.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:40 pm

skrish wrote:Hi I have one more clarification.

Pls help me out.
Yes, you can score 5 points under "uk Experience" category only if you have earned GBP 16000 or more in uk (through this job or any other job).

skrish
Newly Registered

Post by skrish » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:42 pm

All, Thanks for your replies. Will go through the Tier1 Guidelines document again.