ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rebooking Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Rebooking Citizenship application

Post by ScoobyLondon » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Due to system issues at Croydon UKVCAS today, I need to rebook the Citizenship biometrics for another day (this was advised via email and confirmed on phone)

Was wondering, when is the application considered, is it once the biometrics are complete or does the caseworker start looking at the application once the online application is submitted?

Trying to figure out if the estimated 8 weeks (on current form) starts on application submission or from the date of biometrics?

Going to book for the following weekend and wanted to know if the biometrics date would impact the application timelines.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Rebooking Citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:00 pm

Your application only really starts being processed once biometrics are enrolled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Post by ScoobyLondon » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:10 pm

thank you.

Which really means I need to book the appointment sooner rather than later.

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Post by ScoobyLondon » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 pm

I've booked for early next week.

What happens at the Citizenship appointment, is it any different to the ILR service?

As for the process, once the application is under consideration, at what point do they contact the two referees? And is it usually by email or phone or letter?
One of my referees is going away end mid-Nov for 6 weeks, so hoping they contact her before then.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Ukcvas appointment is the same process as for ilr. It is only document check and biometrics.

Ho very rarely contact referees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.