ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Advice Needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ride_withme
Newly Registered
India

British Citizenship Advice Needed

Post by ride_withme » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 am

My husband had overstayed his student visa, returned back voluntarily in 2010. After that we got married ( I am British ) and he returned back to the UK on spouse visa in 2011. After that he was issued with Indefinite Leave to Remain in 2013. I have been told that he can apply for citizenship in 2020 as he returned back voluntarily in 2010. Could someone advice me on when he can apply for British Citizenship please. I would very much appreciate your help. Also what is the process that needs to be followed i.e. the application requirements, English test ( he has done the life in the uk test when applying for ILR ) . Apart from his overstay, my husband has never had any trouble. I am sorry if i am being a bit naive about all this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship Advice Needed

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:07 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.