ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR as Tier 2 dependant:-issues-BRP lost outside of UK, returned with replacement visa, but BRP were found)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohammadali123
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR as Tier 2 dependant:-issues-BRP lost outside of UK, returned with replacement visa, but BRP were found)

Post by mohammadali123 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:41 am

Dear team
I have a bit of a complicated question
I was resident in UK on Tier 2 and now I have the British Citizenship. My family so far has been on Tier 2 dependant visa and only now have met the 5 year criteria. I sent my family outside of UK to see grandparents before applying for ILR by post (Tier2 dependant ending Oct 2019)
Their the BRPs got stolen so we applied for a replacement BRP visa, while waiting for that, BRPs were found.

Current situation

Family is now back on replacement BRP visa
Going to apply for ILR based on 5 year tier 2 dependant visa, current replacement visa expires mid October

Question: 1
Do I need to get a replacement BRP? the current visa is only valid for a month
Do i return the BRPs that we found?
In the application should we just say BRPs stolen and not mention the found BRP? though at entry UKBA officer did want to see the BRPs even though they were invalid. On the UKBA website the BRPs are "invalid status".

Also
Question 2&3
I should use form SET O? even though I am a British citizen but they appication should go as tier 2 dependant?

and would council tax letters be enough to show as evidence of cohabitation? can get GP surgery confirming same address and a daughters brith certificate.

Many thanks for your reply

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for ILR as Tier 2 dependant:-issues-BRP lost outside of UK, returned with replacement visa, but BRP were fo

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:43 am

Do I need to get a replacement BRP? the current visa is only valid for a month
Not really if they want to go for ILR now
Do i return the BRPs that we found?
In the application should we just say BRPs stolen and not mention the found BRP? though at entry UKBA officer did want to see the BRPs even though they were invalid. On the UKBA website the BRPs are "invalid status".
Not really, you should assume they were stolen.
Also UKBA does not exist it is UKVI
I should use form SET O? even though I am a British citizen but they application should go as tier 2 dependant?
Yes SET(O) but there is NO postal method of applying. They must apply online now
and would council tax letters be enough to show as evidence of cohabitation? can get GP surgery confirming same address and a daughters brith certificate.
Any evidence with address on it can be used
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice