ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR timeline for Dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mcare
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR timeline for Dependants

Post by mcare » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi,

I first entered the UK in March 2014 on T2 ICT, then may family followed in August the same year as dependents.

in Jan 2017 I switched (in-country) to T1 ICT, and family became T1 BPS dependents.

in few months, I will have completed 3 years on T1 ET, and I understand that me and my family can apply for ILR.

my questions are:
1- is there anything wrong with combining the different periods for dependents (i.e. 3 years of T1 Dependent period can be combined with 2.5 years of T2 dependent period)?

2- For some personal reasons, we might not all be able to prepare for the LiUK/SELT tests soon. In that case, do we all have to apply for ILR together? or i can apply alone for ILR, and my family remain on the T1 ET dependent visa? in this case, do we need to make any sort of application for the dependents when i am applying for ILR (other than the main applicant ILR application)?

3- if it is possible to have separate ILR applications as per point 2, what rules apply to dependents (in other words, can they apply for the ILR anytime or they have to wait for certain period)?

Thanks.

mcare

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR timeline for Dependants

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:38 am

1- is there anything wrong with combining the different periods for dependents (i.e. 3 years of T1 Dependent period can be combined with 2.5 years of T2 dependent period)?
No. As long as they have 5 years under PBS dependant
2- For some personal reasons, we might not all be able to prepare for the LiUK/SELT tests soon. In that case, do we all have to apply for ILR together? or i can apply alone for ILR, and my family remain on the T1 ET dependent visa? in this case, do we need to make any sort of application for the dependents when i am applying for ILR (other than the main applicant ILR application)?
Your family can apply later. They do not need to do anything as long as they have valid visa
3- if it is possible to have separate ILR applications as per point 2, what rules apply to dependents (in other words, can they apply for the ILR anytime or they have to wait for certain period)?
Yes. There is no requirement that they must apply with you
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice