ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visa for Russian friend.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samsstar
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Visa advice for my friend.

Post by samsstar » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:15 am

So my friend in Russia wants to visit the uk asap and i just wondered if anyone could give advice about if she used a UK Visa fast track service, when is the earliest she could step foot in the UK?

Can she enter the UK as soon as her visa is approved?

How does it work?

Thanks

Sam

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Visa advice for my friend.

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:34 am

samsstar wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:15 am
So my friend in Russia wants to visit the uk asap and i just wondered if anyone could give advice about if she used a UK Visa fast track service, when is the earliest she could step foot in the UK?

How does it work?

Thanks

Sam
What social ties she has with Russia such as job/pension/family/property/savings/study etc??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: UK Visa advice for my friend.

Post by Korekt » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:58 pm

samsstar wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:15 am
when is the earliest she could step foot in the UK?

How does it work?
If granted, they can enter from the "Valid from" date on the visa.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

samsstar
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Visa for Russian friend.

Post by samsstar » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:56 am

Hi, i have a friend in Russia who would like to visit me. (She is in Saint Petersburg if that makes a difference)
We have hardly any knowledge on how to get a UK Visa.
I have read a lot but it is very confusing, so i have a few questions that i am hoping people can help me with.

Firstly i was w are thinking about getting a agency's help, i just wondered if anyone has used any agency before that you can recommend we use?

I'm hoping an agency will know exactly what to do and give us a better chance at getting the Visa.

Also how difficult would it be?

I also wonder if anyone knows what our chances might be? So i will give some information.

I read about a sponsorship letter where i invite her, i currently don't work but i have a few thousand in my bank and she can stay at my house (i do not own, my parents do)

She has enough to pay for the trip but i would go half with her on everything or if it helps i could say i will pay for it all and pay for it all

She does not have a big sum in her bank but she works and studies in Russia.

She has traveled outside of Russia before.

I just wondered if those are good things for getting a UK Tourist visa or not?

I really appreciate any help, thanks

Sam

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK Visa for Russian friend.

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:08 am

Much depends on whether your friend can submit documented evidence of stronger reasons to return to her home country than she has to remain in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.