ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Traveling?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leondj

Naturalisation - Traveling?

Post by leondj » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Hello All,

I would be able to apply for Naturalisation next year March if they don't decide to implement the new naturalisation process retrospectively. My question is would I be able to travel while applying for this as I understand the process takes about 3-6 months and presumably the HO will have your passport during this time. Or during which stage of the application would I be able to start traveling?

republique
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation - Traveling?

Post by republique » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:27 pm

leondj wrote:Hello All,

I would be able to apply for Naturalisation next year March if they don't decide to implement the new naturalisation process retrospectively. My question is would I be able to travel while applying for this as I understand the process takes about 3-6 months and presumably the HO will have your passport during this time. Or during which stage of the application would I be able to start traveling?
If you apply through one of the checking services, they will copy and authenticate your passport so you can keep your passport. You must remain in the country for 5 days after you submit it and then you can go gallavanting for however long you like. Just make sure someone is monitoring your mail for any enquiries for followup info or invitation for citizenship ceremony

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:28 pm

The Home Office doesn't have your passport if you use the Nationality Checking Service, which would the best option anyway. If not, you can probably submit a ceritified copy of each page of your passport.

There is no reason why you shouldn't travel while your application is in process. You do need to be in the country though on the day that the application is received by the Home Office, so don't put your application in the post at the airport and then leave the country!

gasans
Newly Registered

Post by gasans » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:02 am

We currently have ILR and will be applying for citizenship in December 2016. Will we be able to travel, as it seems like we have to submit our BRP with the applying?
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:39 am

And you had to dig up a 8 year old topic, when BRP were not even anexistance, to post your query? :shock:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!