ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just a few questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dippy263

Refused British Citizenship in 2018

Post by Dippy263 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:10 pm

So i applied for my BC last year in Feb 218 and it was refused on grounds of 'Good Character',
*because i had applied before the 10years (granted DLR in 2009, ILR in Oct 2016)
*And because in my initial asylum application i had stated that i supported myself financially by doing hair, cooking and cleaning, which they classed as working.

Now my question is, now that i have completed the required 10years, can i still ask for a reconsideration of my 2018 application based on recommendations on some of the posts i have read .
Do i have to make a fresh claim?
Another thing i have a Council tax CCJ i am currently paying off, will this go against my application? i cannot afford to loose another £1300

Dippy263

Re: Refused British Citizenship in 2018

Post by Dippy263 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:25 pm

please can someone help

Dippy263

CCJ for council tax

Post by Dippy263 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:49 pm

I have a CCJ for non payment of council tax dating back dating to 2009, i am however paying it back, will my application be rejected even though i am paying it back?
Do i have to wait 3 years to apply?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:05 pm

The CCJ can play against you. You need to:

A - Declare it on your application
B - Provide letters from your creditors and receipts showing that you either cleared the debts or you are paying and in good standing.

As for the application, I would lodge a new one. The previous one was declined on correct grounds.

Even the reconsideration is not free and may take months.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 pm

After six years, details of the CCJ will be removed from the public register and from your credit file, even if you've not yet paid it all off. As long as 10 years have passed since you worked illegally, then you should be able to apply
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Another thing i have a Council tax CCJ i am currently paying off
I think it's a current issue the CCJ

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:01 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:29 pm
Another thing i have a Council tax CCJ i am currently paying off
I think it's a current issue the CCJ
Thank you for you replies, the ccj was issued this year in July and is current, however i have done credit reference checks and it currently shows i have no CCJ's registered against my name? Now i am not sure if this is a CCJ or not.
The council took me to court (i did not attend) and were issued with an attachment of earnings which i am paying for and ends in Nov this year.
Now i am confused as i plan to apply for my BC tomorrow

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:05 pm
The CCJ can play against you. You need to:

A - Declare it on your application
B - Provide letters from your creditors and receipts showing that you either cleared the debts or you are paying and in good standing.

As for the application, I would lodge a new one. The previous one was declined on correct grounds.

Even the reconsideration is not free and may take months.
thank you

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:56 pm

Just realised, what i have is a Liability Order and not a CCJ, do i need to declare it? I am so sorry if i am being a pain, im just so confused with everything :|

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:16 pm

If your money issues were for a credit card or a car loan, it would have been OK to apply. But with a Council Tax (or anything ending with the word Tax), that can be an issue.

Read page 39:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf

As you said a final payment would be made on November, you can just wait to clear the debt then apply.

Dippy263

Just a few questions

Post by Dippy263 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:43 pm

I just filled out the application and truthfully answered all the questions, I have a liability order for council tax (which I am currently paying off) and that does not count as a ccj as a CCJ and Liability order are 2 different things . However I know the HO have an issue with anything ending with tax.

Should I declare my liablity order? If I don't did I really commit a crime as I answered the questions?
I have done a credit check and nothing is against my name.
Does the HO really find out things you have not voluntarily declared even though they did not ask the question.
I don't want to give them unnecessary information and reason for them to decline my application.

Kind regards

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Just a few questions

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 pm

The issue has been resolved. Case workers are required to research an applicant. The liability order doesn't come under any of the below. So its ur call. Personally I would nt mention it or wait to apply..but thats just me

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

Non-payment of council tax
An application will not normally be refused where the person has been unable to pay council tax because of their financial position, particularly if an arrangement is being, or has been, negotiated with the relevant authority. However, payment of council tax is a legal requirement and non-compliance is a punishable offence.
Therefore, an application will normally be refused where a person has either:
• unreasonably failed to pay
• provided a false statement or statements, including failing to declare their full
circumstances, to avoid paying the correct rate

Dippy263

Re: Just a few questions

Post by Dippy263 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:22 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 pm
The issue has been resolved. Case workers are required to research an applicant. The liability order doesn't come under any of the below. So its ur call. Personally I would nt mention it or wait to apply..but thats just me

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

Non-payment of council tax
An application will not normally be refused where the person has been unable to pay council tax because of their financial position, particularly if an arrangement is being, or has been, negotiated with the relevant authority. However, payment of council tax is a legal requirement and non-compliance is a punishable offence.
Therefore, an application will normally be refused where a person has either:
• unreasonably failed to pay
• provided a false statement or statements, including failing to declare their full
circumstances, to avoid paying the correct rate
Thank you For your reply, the questions are direct and I have answered truthfully however the policy can be ambiguous Which is confusing, I will post my outcome, but yes I am throwing causation to the wind