ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife visa SUCCESS - in ONE DAY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agkh
Newly Registered

Wife visa SUCCESS - in ONE DAY

Post by agkh » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:31 am

Hello everybody.

my wife got her visa and it only took one day to make the decision - excluding the weekend, delivery and the VAC procedure - we are so happy and it's all thanks to this board - THANK YOU ALL.

From start to finish it took exactly 1 week - fom the time we visited the VAC and took the electronic finger prints and photo to the courier giving back the package to our home.

Our folder was at least 10 cm high, we had about 60 plastic wallets. We followed the sticky thread: wife visa -success - exactly how it was along with another one. If anyone would like to know what we put in please just ask, it's the same as anyone elses.

Thanks to everyone again especially the moderators for providing this excellent resources for genuine people wanting to travel for genuine reasons with their loved onees. thank you so much!

I have one question: my wife's visa last for 2 years exactly, and the number of entry is MULT. is there a timelimit of when she has to leave by? or she ca leaave in 2010??i? (we're not obviously but curious to know) I read something about the ILR and something about it must be 30 days.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:55 am

Congratulations on the visa, but I have to say, with all that evidence, why not! Getting together all that evidence clearly helped!

She needs to enter the UK within 28 days of the visa start visa, in order to avoid problems when she comes to apply for ILR in nearly two years time.

MULT? Indeed, she is not trapped in the UK for the duration of the visa. She is allowed to leave and later return to resume her residence. That right goes up to the end of the visa, although of course very near its end you will be thinking more about getting the ILR rather than her being outside the UK. So certainly don't plan for her to be outside the UK the second half of June 2010, or in July 2010. A holiday, etc., outside the UK at that time would be rather bad planning.

How is her English language ability? Don't overlook the need for her to pass the Life in the UK Citizenship test, or get a completion certificate from a combined ESOL/Citizenship course, in order to permit an application for ILR.

Again, congratulations! Have a long and happy life together in the UK.
John

agkh
Newly Registered

Post by agkh » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Thank you John,

She is certified to teach TESOL, so her English is pretty good - perhaps we can show this certificate and waive the TESOL test, but it's not a problem for her whatever. I have a son born here too, I found out we can get a british style birth certificate from the consulate and hopefully get a british passport issued. My next step is to research on the ILR.

They kept some of the papers I sent is that normal?

Letter from sponsers and applicant and anyone else is so important, and putting photocopies of important documents can save tme and ease the process.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 pm

She is certified to teach TESOL, so her English is pretty good - perhaps we can show this certificate and waive the TESOL test
Sorry no, it is not a TESOL test, it is a Citizenship Test. She must study for that and then take the test, and hopefully pass. With good English ability, and some study, it will not be a problem.
They kept some of the papers I sent is that normal?
Anything important? Ask for it back.
Letter from sponsers and applicant and anyone else is so important, and putting photocopies of important documents can save tme and ease the process.
Totally agree, and would add that whilst it should not make any difference, presentation is also important. A well-laid-out "evidence folder", nicely indexed, makes the life of the ECO very much easier.

ILR application? The form to use is the SET(M), but suggest you wait until she is in the UK before getting down to studying that. However after she is in the UK, do download it reasonably quickly, and start building up the 20 pieces of evidence that are needed, spread in time over the 2 years.
John