ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

process timing Qs: apply, book biometric appt, get referee signatures?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pseudonymmed
Newly Registered
Canada

process timing Qs: apply, book biometric appt, get referee signatures?

Post by pseudonymmed » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:26 pm

I have ILR and will be eligible to apply for naturalisation in a few weeks. I will be going traveling a couple days after so I am wondering whether to apply online before the trip or wait until I return because I am a bit confused about the timing of things under the new system.

If I apply online right away, I understand that right after I have finished the forms and paid, then I will have to make an appointment to go get biometrics taken and scan documents at a UKVCAS centre.

Questions:
-Will they choose the time and place or will I be able to choose a time and place myself?
-Will there likely be many options for dates available?
-Is there a minimum period of time after the online application within which I must have the appointment?

Also since it appears that I must put my referees' info into the form before I can get them to sign, I am wondering...
-would it be a problem to prepare the forms with signature early so that I don't have to waste time after returning from my trip to chase them up on that and potentially delay the biometrics meeting? Or must they be signed after the application is done only?

(I'd ideally like to apply before my trip and book the appointment for as soon as possible after I return, so as not to delay the process. But if I must wait until afterward to get them to sign that would add more time.)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: process timing Qs: apply, book biometric appt, get referee signatures?

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:27 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.