ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qs: Volunteer work, lack of tax returns?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pseudonymmed
Newly Registered
Canada

Qs: Volunteer work, lack of tax returns?

Post by pseudonymmed » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:32 pm

I will soon be able to apply for naturalisation. I have been unemployed for a long time, sometimes studying and sometimes being supported by my partner. I have done a variety of volunteer work and unpaid creative gigs and occasionally very small casual paid gigs but never earned enough to owe taxes.

-Do I need to list any unpaid volunteer work or internships I have done?
-Will it be a problem if I list these jobs but have no record of ever filling in a tax form?

On occasion over the years when I've entered the country and had to fill in the little card for non-EU people I have listed all of the following at least once: homemaker, unemployed, artist, designer. Will the fact that I didn't list unemployed each time be an issue? I didn't really think much of it at the time as I put other things down when I was doing art or design work but for little or no money, so have never earned enough to owe taxes. So I've never filed a tax return in this country or registered as self-employed. Could this cause any issues?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Qs: Volunteer work, lack of tax returns?

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.