ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree required for an ILR application (5 year route) ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Degree required for an ILR application (5 year route) ?

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:12 pm

I am on a Tier 2 General visa since Oct 2015 and will hopefully apply for ILR next year. One question I keep pondering about is:

Is a degree required for an ILR application? So the NARIC comparability assessment is required for English proficiency but I believe for the same money you could take a comparable approved test.

When I applied for Tier 2 General, degree verification by NARIC was not required and the self assessment had a section with a list of awarding institute names you could select from. I did that. I have not needed an extension as the original leave was for a period of 5 years.

So the question is outside the proficiency in English requirement, is the NARIC degree comparability test a requirement for an ILR application.

The answer to the question would determine whether I need to arrange degree transcripts from home country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Degree required for an ILR application (5 year route) ?

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:14 pm

No it is not if you submit a test.

HO really don't care about peoples qualifications etc. The question in the form is ONLY related to meeting the English requirement and if you have the B1 test, then you tick NO to the degree questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Degree required for an ILR application (5 year route) ?

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Great. Thank you. Saves me the hassle of arranging transcripts.