ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ridiculous rule for renewing working visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

linn
Newly Registered

Ridiculous rule for renewing working visa

Post by linn » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:58 pm

I just renewed my working visa yesterday. I was supprised when the GNIB staff told me that only one year out of normal 2 years could be applied, because last year I had one year renewed due to my passport expired, and this year, they had to keep in line with the 2 year working visa renew rule, so only one year can be given.

Above stupid policy means if you renew your working visa for one year and 11 month till your passport expiration date, and next time, you can only get a month renewed, and pay extra hundred euro for renewing goddam visa.

I really don't understand such ridiculous policy, and it is not even published(online source only indicates the working visa renewed till passport expiration date, no any description about next renew), and it costs me extra 200 euro to renew working visa and re-entry visa.

I feel very sad and disapointed with Irish Government, the policies they make just to facilitate themself, the right of immigrants is out of their considertions.

Stupid Irish Government, we work hard, we pay tax, and we should not deserve such ignore.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Ridiculous rule for renewing working visa

Post by mktsoi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:50 pm

linn wrote:I just renewed my working visa yesterday. I was supprised when the GNIB staff told me that only one year out of normal 2 years could be applied, because last year I had one year renewed due to my passport expired, and this year, they had to keep in line with the 2 year working visa renew rule, so only one year can be given.

Above stupid policy means if you renew your working visa for one year and 11 month till your passport expiration date, and next time, you can only get a month renewed, and pay extra hundred euro for renewing goddam visa.

I really don't understand such ridiculous policy, and it is not even published(online source only indicates the working visa renewed till passport expiration date, no any description about next renew), and it costs me extra 200 euro to renew working visa and re-entry visa.

I feel very sad and disapointed with Irish Government, the policies they make just to facilitate themself, the right of immigrants is out of their considertions.

Stupid Irish Government, we work hard, we pay tax, and we should not deserve such ignore.
i never really looked into this issue. i dont think it is written officially somewhere, but i have been told about this last year before i renew my passport. my passport was due to expire in jul 08 and my gnib stamp in my passport and gnib card was going to expire in dec 07. they told me the same thing. if i go to gnib renew my work authorization with a passport has only 8 months (from dec 07 to jul 08) validity. gnib will only give me a stamp for 9 months and when i get my new passport, they will only give me the remaining 15 months from my previous renewal. i did something cheeky. i renewed my passport at the march 2007 and i gone to gnib to get a them to give me a new stamp in the passport. they didnt let me renew it but they put the remaining valid period of my work authorization into my new passport which was 9 months. but they didnt charge me anything at all because i still have a valid gnib card until the expiration if my work authorization.

in your case. you should have renew you passport in the first place. they didnt charge you for the gnib stamp in the passport. they were charging you for issuing you a new card. thats what it was. i was little bit luckier. i dont need reentery visa, do i only have to pay the gnib card everytime when i renew.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:17 pm

dong get upset mate we are all victimized somehow here...looks like you are under a work visa scheme which has to be issued for two years and then indefinate i guess so you are still in your second year...i think the GNIB is right here if it is what i understood...

linn
Newly Registered

Post by linn » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:14 am

knapps wrote:dong get upset mate we are all victimized somehow here...looks like you are under a work visa scheme which has to be issued for two years and then indefinate i guess so you are still in your second year...i think the GNIB is right here if it is what i understood...
Thanks mate!

The "Indefinite after 2 years" is for Green card scheme. I am indeed under working visa scheme not green card scheme. I am in my forth year of the Visa. As far as I know, people is entitled to apply for long term and/or citizenship after 5 year, and waiting time for applying for this f*king residency is really "indefinite"...I am thinking go to other country now, this country is not suitable for immigrants.

linn
Newly Registered

Re: Ridiculous rule for renewing working visa

Post by linn » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:21 am

mktsoi wrote:
...expire in dec 07. they told me the same thing. if i go to gnib renew my work authorization with a passport has only 8 months (from dec 07 to jul 08) validity. gnib will only give me a stamp for 9 months and when i get my new passport, they will only give me the remaining 15 months from my previous renewal. i did something cheeky. i renewed my passport at the march 2007 and i gone to gnib to get a them to give me a new stamp in the passport. they didnt let me renew it but they put the remaining valid period of my work authorization into my new passport which was 9 months. but they didnt charge me anything at all because i still have a valid gnib card until the expiration if my work authorization.
This is a good way, I never think of this way, u r genius!