ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent contract on Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmsa2019
Newly Registered
Egypt

Permanent contract on Tier 2 visa

Post by mmsa2019 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:36 am

Hello all,

I just got a new role ”permanent” as an academy and I got my visa sorted (Tier 2 general) and all good.

However, I looked into the contract and I noticed it says ”full time - fixed term bases to November 2022 I line with visa”. I do not think this correct!?

Can tier 2 visa get an open-end contract, as far as I know, yes? Can the employer write down it is an open-end position or no because I am on Tier 2?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent contract on Tier 2 visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:55 am

Most employers do this for time limited visa holders (all visas) as there's is no guarantee you will get ilr in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmsa2019
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mmsa2019 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:55 am
Most employers do this for time limited visa holders (all visas) as there's is no guarantee you will get ilr in the future.
But everyone I know, they have an open-ended contract with a clause related to the termination of the visa? the fixed term contract is different from the open-end contracts in sense of termination rules and regulations.

Mo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:37 am

As this really isn't an immigration issue but an employment one, I suggest raise it with your employer. They are not doing anything wrong or illegal in terms of employment law though as they have issued you a contract (with all the same rights as anyone else) for the duration of your Limited leave to remain visa. I had exactly the same before I got ILR with a big FTSE 100 company.

So how much of an issue you want to make of this and cause waves, is up to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.